Where to dive in Bali? Please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebelius

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hola amigos!

At the end of May I am going with a couple of friends to Bali. We all dive and we want to go about 4 nights in a diving resort or something. Just wondering:
what is the best place in Bali to dive? I was thinking on Menjangan...but what about Tulamben or Nusa Penida? people that know Bali what would you recomend us? Please help! :wink: We like big fish but also small interesting creatures...

Thanks! :)

Hola amigos!

At the end of May I am going with a couple of friends to Bali. We all dive and we want to go about 4 nights in a diving resort or something. Just wondering:
what is the best place in Bali to dive? I was thinking on Menjangan...but what about Tulamben or Nusa Penida? people that know Bali what would you recomend us? Please help! :wink: We like big fish but also small interesting creatures...

Thanks! :)

Menjangan, Tulamben and Nusa Penida are all good! Take your pick. Personally I wouldn't miss the mantas in Nusa Penida :). Sure others can recommend resorts but this shop is great & the relaxing locataion gives you a taste of local culture.

You can dive both Tulamben/nusa penida & other destinations from it: Dive Bali | Diving Bali - Absolute Scuba Diving Bali

Go to Sanur or Lovina for a more vibrant tourist night life.

Indeed all good.
4 days is too short to cover all bali sites, but most of reputable operator (kathy has recommended one) will be able arrange a dive safari to cover bali best sites; particularly if you in small group. this type of trip can be very tiring.
It will more comfortable to stick in one location, and stay at dive resort in Tulamben or Menjangan or Amed. My personal preference is Tulamben, not the best site for sighting big fish but Tulamben offer everything - easy wreck dive, muck diving, healthy coral, wall diving, and if you lucky mola-mola although very unlikely to sight manta. From Tulamben you can easily cover other dive site nearby such as Seraya and amed. Note - no night life in Tulamben except night diving.
I also love Menjangan for wall diving; you can also cover pemuteran and secret bay in gilimanuk for muck diving. Mimpi resort menjangan is nice and cozy resort with lovely hot spring dip pool at each villa. Nothing better than dipping in hot spring water after diving.
You can stay at Candi Dasa for easy access to bali big fish sites incl. nusa penida which can be strong current and chilling water. Some sites not suitable for beginers.

All are great Wisnu said 4 days not really enough somewhere between 7-10 day is far better to see all the great sites. Nusa Pendia and Lembonghan are not really for in experienced divers (strong currents at a number of the dive sites). Secret Bay (Gilimanuk Bay) not far from Menjangan is great for the interesting critters

Wisnu basically has cover everything.
I just did my 5 days in Bali few months ago, stayed in Tulamben, and dive around in Seraya also.
It was excellent.

If you have more time, safari will be the best to see it all.
I was with ADA back then and they brought us to Menjangan, Secret Bay, Puri Jati, Tulamben, Seraya, Padang Bai and Nusa Penida, all in around 8 days diving. It was one of my most exciting trips.

Haven't tried Nusa Penida, still too cowardly to "challenge" the current there. :p 2x to Tulamben & we will still go back, just to see the barracude & the bumphead parrotfish & this time we even encountered a Napolean wrasse! :-D Menjangan Island has very healthy reef, not much on the "big" stuff too. We are extremely happy with the night muck dive at Permuteran, it is unforgettable. Anyway, 4days is too short, u will be sad to leave...

For only 4 days diving you can do safari diving which start from menjangan to tulamben and next to padang bai and the last day diving to nusa penida.
for further information you can check it out on bali diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom