Where to Dive by Lake Palestine TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone been around Lake Palestine? Anyone going to diving that area the weekend of June 14?? Husband and I will be headed up there for a weddding, and looking to get a dive or 2 in! Would also love the company of someone who's dove there before and can show us around.
Thanks

I have a LDS in Palestine and Lake Palestine is one of the very few lakes around here that I have not been in. There is a small city lake in Palestine that I am working with the city to make it more functional for diving. It is about 25 feet deep and vis is usually 15 - 20 as long as you stay off the bottom. You will also be close to Athens Scuba Park. Just north of Tyler is Tyler State Park. I have been in Lake Athens a couple of times. All of those are within 30 - 45 minutes of Lake Palestine. Vis at any of these areas can be less than 5. Actually if it's 5 feet we call it a good day.

If you really want to check out Lake Palestine I can probably get a few of the divers that I trust for exploration dives to go with ya'll, I would come along too.

Let me know how much time and what days you will be around and we can plan something.

We will actually be in Chandler, TX off Hwy 315 South for a wedding the morning of June 14 at 9AM. So I'm thinking that by noone or 1 after the chaos of the wedding has calmed down, we should be able to break free. We are open to dive whatever you think is a good location to dive. My husband and I are newly certified as of Nov 07 with about 15 logged dives (max depth so far 62ft). I was looking at the Athens Scuba Park, but that is like a 40 minute drive from where we will be (and gas prices suck), plus a $15.00 entry fee per diver, plus the air tank of $14 per diver. I'm not real excited about all the added expense, so I was looking to do something a little off the beaten path that's not going to cost an arm and a leg since we are already driving across texas just to get to Chandler. But as I said, open to suggestions because we would probably dive a mud puddle if it was deep enough to cover my head!!

If you want to plan something, definatly let me know. We are looking at June 14th Saturday (1 or 2 tanks). My personal email is crayonzrock27@aol.com

Thanks!!

Just got back from COZ and saw your post... I live on Lake Palestine and unless someone knows a secret I don't it is not a diving lake. The water is coffee color and muddy and there are trees scattered everywhere which would pose an entanglement hazard.

Unfortunately we will be meeting on the road as we are headed to Lake Travis that weekend for some diving and sailing.

I would be very curious if you do actually dive it how it is... We have tried twice and it is just not right even for timeliner...

Its about 30 minutes to either Tyler State Park or Athens Scuba Park and both are much better... Another 45 minutes and you can be at Clear Springs but wait until later Saturday pm so the students clear out...

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom