Where to buy Thailand tide table book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funrecdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know where to buy the tide table book we see in the DCs in Thailand?

I use XTide sites on line (example), which are great, but these online sites are missing a number of locations that are in the book, which I assume is published by the Royal Thai Navy.

Is this book available in book stores in Thailand? If so, which ones?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Edit:

I would prefer to buy a Thai publication from a local book store. I might order some charts as well (see update below).

Last edited:
Followup:

I found this book, Tide Tables Thai Waters, listed by the Thai Royal Navy for 150 Baht, here, plus a few more publications.

I'll send an email to their address, listed on the page above, and see if I get lucky and get a response :D

Here is the reply back from the Royal Thai Navy:

1. The place near Pattaya you can buy it in Sattahip Naval Base or we can send it to you by post.

You transfer money 315 THB to

Kasikonthai Bank

Siyakbangna Branch

Name of account sale charts and publication

Saving account no. 056-2-xxxxx-x

When you finished your transfer process. you have to return a statement [with] your name and your address in to this email.

I plan to drive there and see what else they have and maybe buy a chart or two.... Also, while I'm there, I think I'll check out their emergency evacuation helicopter and other services and get contact numbers, and make a few friends.

Hahahaha... foreigners cannot enter Sattahip Naval Base (at least to buy a book and visit the publications office), so the information to go buy the tide table book there (above) was not correct.

Back
Top Bottom