Where to buy C5050 housing.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
Where is a great place to buy housing, tray, external strobe and lenses for the Olympus C-5050?

You all did a great job helping me spend my money on the camera, now help me spend money on the accessories!

Aardal:
Where is a great place to buy housing, tray, external strobe and lenses for the Olympus C-5050?

You all did a great job helping me spend my money on the camera, now help me spend money on the accessories!

Check www.newegg.com for the PT-o15 (or do a seach over there for Olympus Housing)... if they have them in stock, they're pretty cheap. Like $134 - $150.

I got mine on eBay (like everything else I own...) Paid $150 for the PT-015, an extra set of Orings, 5 extra Silica Gel pacs and a PCU-01 Close Up Lens with neoprene case. Treasures await you on eBay.

My tray, handle, strobes and arms I got here: http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/euwdigitalindex.htm Ordered on Thursday night, arrived Tuesday AM. UnNreal service. Yuzo rocks.

Enjoy.

K

You'll need a good smart charger and batteries. After trying several brands, this one has been the best. In fact I own 3 of them. Check out these combo deals...MAHA 204f Smart Charger

Opinions on this differ but I like to use a 256mg CF card and at least a 128mg XD card, preferrably also a 256mg, together. Yes, you can get 1 gig cards and if you're shooting in RAW format they are a good idea. But if you are shooting in jpg, it's overkill. And if the plan is to keep all your trips photos on the 1 gig card for easy storage, you might want to re-think that. It's not common but it's been known to happen for a CF card to go bad. If you have a whole trips worth of photos on a 1 gig card, then you've just lost them all. However if you change your card when you change your batteries, the most you'll lose is a couple dives woth of photos. That's my reason for not using the big memory card sizes.

For your maintainence kit....some foam makeup applicators (looks like Q-tips flattened on the ends) to clean the O-ring channel, micro cloths for cleaning lenses, after you use the packets that come with your camera, Reusable Silica Gel packets.

Research for all things digital...

And after you get everything together, D.E.P.P. is great insurance coverage. I won't take a camera in the water without it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom