Question Where to buy a service kit for Aqua Lang Conshelf 21 2nd stage and Octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know where to buy a service kit for Aqua Lung Conshelf 21 2nd stage and Octo?
LDS has service parts for the 1st stage only.

Here at Walmart:

1717557397054.png

Here at Walmart:
Thanks, I assume this goes to the diaphragm somehow (though I never seen a 2nd stage disassembled but I watched some videos), doesn't it? Shouldn't the o-rings also be replaced?

Thanks, I assume this goes to the diaphragm somehow (though I never seen a 2nd stage disassembled but I watched some videos), doesn't it? Shouldn't the o-rings also be replaced?

The Conshelf series are downstream regulators with a non-adjustable orifice. The only thing that really needs to be replaced is the LP seat (that mates to the orifice. If the (metal/brass) orifice is damaged then it would need to be replaced. On the Conshelf series there is an O-ring on the orifice to case and on the LP hose that screws onto the regulator inlet. Diaphragms usually do not need to be replaced nor exhaust valves. The SE version of the Conshelf is old enough that you may have to do some looking if soft parts (diaphragms, exhaust valves, exhaust tees) need replacing. Some of the SE cases where fairly fragile and would crack especially around the inlet boss.

So then, the LP seat which can be punched from 70 duro silicone or EDPM sheet with leather punch is about the most important replacement part during service of a simple downstream, non-adjustable, non-balanced second stage.

Here is a schematic:

So then 9, 13, 21, 28, 30. McMaster Carr and the O-ring Store are your friends. Measure, order.

Or, replace the above part(s) with the following part(s), the famous, all metal 1085, fewer parts, a bit more robust, breaths the same or better (eBay, Scubaboard Classified, Craigs List, Faces Book Market, junk box of your LDS):

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom