Where to buy a new zipper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmorley

Reaction score
My drysuit needs a zipper and I thought I would try to do it myself. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on one? It's a shoulder zip, about 30" long. I checked a few of the drysuit companies and they all seem really expensive.

Also are there different grades and materials and does it make a difference what I use?

kmorley:
My drysuit needs a zipper and I thought I would try to do it myself. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on one? It's a shoulder zip, about 30" long. I checked a few of the drysuit companies and they all seem really expensive.

Also are there different grades and materials and does it make a difference what I use?

You should save yourself the headache and exspence that trying to doing a zipper yourself is going to cost you, just bight the bullet and pay for it to be done. If some-one else puts it in and there is a leak at least you can make them fix it. Also any time I've seen a zipper done by people that don't know what they are doing, they end up paying for some one to install the zipper properly and nine times out of ten also paying for another zipper because they have damaged the one they tried to install themselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom