Where should I start to approach the rebreather world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or dive a unit that lets you manually override the voting logic by disabling cells a la divesoft. 5 cells doesn’t make a unit any safer than 3 which in this case is not much better than 2. The Liberty gets a pass with 4 because each side has 2 which gives true redundancy but the O2ptima does not because it uses 3 on controller and 3 on readout but they don’t talk to each other.
You guys use voting logic?

To prove your laughable claim that your Revo uses half the sorb of other units.

I really wish my AP would have some sort of way to monitor scrubber life in real time.
Oh wait, it actually does.

Not going to feed your trolling any more, you are obviously not getting the point and you are so certain that your Revo is powered by magical fairies that I can't see the point of indulging you further.
Again, I'm sure it's a nice unit but there is no magic in it.
Can you replace half of your scrubber if you’ve done a dive and have another dive that you’d like some leeway?

You guys use voting logic?
All CCRs have some sort of voting logic… the dangerous part on the eCCR is that it controls the solenoid and it has killed several via oxtox when it votes out the one good cell. On mCCR it just messes with your deco time which is why the Divesoft handsets are great since you can disable a cell manually.

Can you replace half of your scrubber if you’ve done a dive and have another dive that you’d like some leeway?
No, I'll just leave it and do dive #2 on the same sorb.

Still waiting for you to pull off two 50 min BT dives at 60m on half the amount of sorb that I do.

Why 50mins?

I've a couple of 40 min BT 60+m dives on sequential days where only one of the two scrubbers was replaced. Runtime 2h for one and 2h15 for the other.

Obviously increasing the dive by another 10 mins results in 20+ mins of additional deco (playing that through MultiDeco shows it to be another 40 mins runtime.

So, reality was one of two scrubbers replaced for each dive (total lime is 1.3kg x2)

Theoretical 3h dive you're talking about is... one of two scrubbers replaced for each dive. Reasoning: according to the scrubber monitor I always get well over 3h30 out of the top scrubber.

May I posit that you would replace all your scrubber after the first dive and all your scrubber after the second? Or is yours going to last a total of 6 hours?

All CCRs have some sort of voting logic… the dangerous part on the eCCR is that it controls the solenoid and it has killed several via oxtox when it votes out the one good cell. On mCCR it just messes with your deco time which is why the Divesoft handsets are great since you can disable a cell manually.
You missed the joke.

I ain’t got no cells lol

When did bragging how many dives you can do on a scrubber become the new chest thumping? Who gives a sh-t? Sorb is cheap, dump the sh-t after a dive or save it if it's got life. No need to argue and fuss over it and use it as a measure of the length of your d-ck. Feels like when you're on an OW boat and a dude in an al80 and a dude in a steel 130 compare how much gas they came back with, but are too stupid to realize they're diving two different volumes to start.
Using RMS to be able to strecth your sorb is not a selling point for the Revo. It's superceded by the fact that sadly you're diving a Revo.

You missed the joke.

I ain’t got no cells lol
No cells and eventually no disks between your veterbae from that big 'ol fridgidaire on your back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom