Where is the support??????????????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I see people talking about the the Tsunami but I don't see people doing anything to help from this website.

When I travel through the web from brewing sites to froogle sites, I find red cross links and directions on how to donate aid.

The the pacific rim being a dive mecha....why does the scubaboard not have a major link to a major charitable site such as red cross like other websites throughout cyberspace?

simple links like www.redcross.org doesn't cut it. The sites need to have a major spot on the home pages to help out.

Put a big redcross on the home pages with a link.

Good luck

Waaaaa.... If you are an adult and you can't find where or how to send funds your education failed you.

I do NOT speak for this site BUT not every site needs to have a Red Cross or other relief agency link on it's home page.

PS Have you ever thought that due to the international member base of this site the operators of ScubaBoard would need to include at least a dozen, maybe up to 50 different national agencies???

Several dozen users have started and responded to threads about donations, in addition there is an announcement on the topic which touches every single page. As an additional step we are allowing google to display PSA ads which will show redcross and other announcements periodically. Our user base is extremely educated, computer savvy and given the responses we have already seen to threads on the topic I am certain people have figured out how to donate. Several billions of dollars have been collected and every agency in the world is out promoting with a message that has reached into every home, I am confident that the measures we have taken have helped the process as well. If this was a less public issue a banner would make sense but given the current media attention the focus is on providing a place for people to find information and discuss the issue, that has been done.

Back
Top Bottom