Where is the cave diving in TX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavedivingwoman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It's gotta be there because there are caves/caverns above ground. I can search on the net but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

cavedivingwoman:
It's gotta be there because there are caves/caverns above ground. I can search on the net but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

There isn't much available, Jacobs Well is the best known U/W Cave system in Texas but it has been closed for years as a result of two many deaths. The is a cave being explored in Lake Amistad called good enough spring but I don't have an exact location or contact info for the team thats exploring it.

Randy

Welcome to the group.

The Above site is Phantom Cave and it is on private property. It is dove about every few years and is considered an advanced cave with percolation and sizable silt mounds. The diving done is for scientific purposes only.

If you are looking to get involved with cave diving in the area I would suggest the following items.

Web Site- www.cavediver.net.
I run the North Texas section; local Texas cavedivers are welcome to join us.

Also local dive shops and individual make trips to Florida and other areas for training and recreation. There are a few sites in Texas but access is challenging to say the least.

There is a Regional workshop for NSS-CDS meeting in Missouri- August 13th 2005.
Link- http://www.nsscds.org/RegWorkshop.HTM

Tuckers Dive Shop in Grand Prairie teaches cave classes and makes regular trips to Florida for training and recreational purposes.
Web- http://www.tuckersdiveshop.com/

Part of the problem with Texas sites is that we do seem to have a lot of fissures and cracks but not the same type of actual open systems. Presently, we are seeing things in motion when cavers and cave divers work together.

If I can be of any more help please feel free to give me a yell.

Regards, Andrew

cavedivingwoman:

Thanks!

WOW! That Phantom Cave is something gorgeous....Is it possible to get permission to dive it with an appropriate guide (and log book showing experience).

Thanks, all. I will stay tuned.

Lake Amistad is beautiful and diving the cave there would no doubt be The Bomb !

Back
Top Bottom