Where is the best diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My wife and I just got our OW certification and are taking a cruise in May. All of the stops have diving but we were wondering which of the stops has the best diving? We stop at St Lucia, St Kitts, and St Maarten. All stories and opinions are welcome.
I also wanted to say that finding this site has increased our love of diving. Being able to read the experiences of others and see the photos that are posted adds to the excitement.

bonaire.

I can't speak for the other two spots but I did do a few weeks in St. Lucia and in fact did my Advanced Open Water there. It was quite pleasant. Warm water. Not much in the way of current as I recall. Info is in an old logbook somewhere else or I would try and give you a bit more info than that.

ST Kitts is a good OW exp, I dive there quite a bit. Very flat, little current. The reef structure is not exactly like say Cozumel. But if your looking for a less stress exp and fun Kenneth's Dive Center St. Kitts Kenneth will be very very good for you. He is so good with new divers and he will go out with just one diver. My 2 cents, I don't cruise into SK. The company I work for has a presence there. Kenneth is the man.

I have done all three, and my view is that St Lucia is the best of those three.

St. Maarten diving is the kind of diving you do to get wet. Water is warm and not much on the current front, but all the coral was in really bad shape and it was a struggle to get a forty minute dive out of any of the dive sites we did.

If you're short on time, just enjoy the beach there. But, if you're like me, it doesn't matter what it looks like as long as I get wet :)

I'd skip St Maarten for sure, but St Kitts offers really good diving - especially the more remote dive sites north-west are amazing. Unfortunately, the dive shops tend to go to the closest dive sites, which are nice as well, but not as spectacular. I did one of my best night dives ever there. Lots of life, beautiful corals.

Enjoy your trip
Karin :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom