Where is the best diving in Asia (probably the world for that matter)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

patamus

Reaction score
Just curious what people think. I have been to GBR and Similians and Phi Phi inThailand but would like to do some more diving around south east asia. Any info would be great.

Rajah Ampat, Lembeh....

hmm... Patamus, what kind of diving do you like? Do you like looking for little/ unusual critters? Prefer colorful coral gardens? Big stuff: whale sharks, mantas? Wrecks?

I like all things. Would like to go to an all around good location. Where you have a chance of seeing big peligics and amazing reefs and critter and fish. I was also curious if any place is some what affordable as far as traveling from the states(AirFare)

For SE Asia, I would recommend Manado and Lembeh. The 2 places are within 2 hours by car and you get the best of both worlds ~ wall diving in open blue sea and the most bizzare critters in the muck.

However, if you are travelling from the States, I'm not sure how different parts of SE Asia would make a significant difference for you.

Hey guys thanks for the input. I was refering to the cost only because some remote locations can really be expensive to get to like Raja Ampats. Which according to the Nature Conservency is the most diverse marine environment is the world.... Check it out

http://www.nature.org/magazine/fall2003/photo/

Anyhow my suspicions were correct I was thinking of diving somewhere out of mando and now I'm convinced. Maybe Raja when I am more $ and Time. Probably won't do either super soon since I don't have much vacation time left and I just got back from Thailand. Thanks for the input

patamus:
Hey guys thanks for the input. I was refering to the cost only because some remote locations can really be expensive to get to like Raja Ampats. Which according to the Nature Conservency is the most diverse marine environment is the world.... Check it out

http://www.nature.org/magazine/fall2003/photo/

Anyhow my suspicions were correct I was thinking of diving somewhere out of mando and now I'm convinced. Maybe Raja when I am more $ and Time. Probably won't do either super soon since I don't have much vacation time left and I just got back from Thailand. Thanks for the input

I have never been to Raja, but have heard nice things about it. Also, I think it is a little more remote than where Manado is, but less people usually means less mess-up. Wonder what that entails.

Anyway, there are direct flights to go to Manado from Singapore and I guess you can easily access Singapore from the States, right?

from the US you can fly direct on Singapore Airlines through Newark or LA. You can also use United, Continental, Northwest or SQ, usually through Tokyo or Hong Kong. From the east coast, you can also fly through Europe.

Back
Top Bottom