Where has been your favorite Diving and Where else have you dove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

U.S.V.I.
B.V.I.
Bermuda
PNS
Roatan
Belize
T.C.I.

Favorite? The next one I do

Cozumel over Thanksgiving

BVI
Turks & Caicos
Cozumel
Roatan

I really like Monterey, and it seems sometimes like the colder it is, the more I like it :confused: I also love Hawaii though, in the first five minutes of my very first dive in Hawaii, I saw a 18-25ft whale shark-WOW!:crafty:

Favorite: Bahamas
Reason: The Wrecks, The Sharks. It was not supposed to be a shark dive. But it turned into one when we were about 45ft deep on a wreck. What a rush! By the time we had to surface, there were about 20 Reef Sharks swimming around us.
Places ive been:
#2 Cozumel
#3 St. Kitt
#4 Grand Cayman
#5 Maui
#6 Phi Phi Island Thailand
Would love to hear about your favorites as well.
Favourite: Australia
Reason: Mike Ball 7-day liveaboard, Coral Sea. Awesome!! S.S. Yongala is a great dive too. On a night dive on the Yongala, I was taking a picture of a turtle exiting the wreck, while a huge manta swam over me and my buddy - who got my attention and pointed off a ways, to point out a group of giant trevoli making 2-3 fish formation dive bomb attacks on whatever a big ass shark had in its mouth at the time. Absolutely awesome.

Places I've dived (in no particular order):
#2 Alaska
#3 New Mexico
#4 Florida
#5 Hawaii
#6 Egypt

Favorite: French Polynesia (Bora Bora, Moorea, Rangiroa, Raiatea, etc.)

Reasons: 8+ easy hours direct from LA; beautiful warm water, beautiful and warm natives, mega pelagics/shark paradise, good coral, rocking drift dives in a few of the passes.

Others:
Cozumel
Hawaii (Maui, Lanai, Molokini and The Big Island)
Channel Islands (California)
Florida Keys (many)
Cook Islands,
Roatan,
Cancun,
US and British Virgin Islands.

So far, Panama City Beach charter. As a shell collector, they permit it and I found 2 gems at 120 feet--Cabrit's Murex and a Gold Mouthed Triton.

Favorite? The next one I do

This reminds me of my great companion Piotr on our last Mexico trip. When asked which cave was his favorite, he replied, "The one I'm in . . . "

Scubagolf, I'm surprised that you listed French Polynesia. On our trip, I found the diving in the Society Islands and the Cooks to be disappointing, with lots of dead coral and fairly sparse reef life. The only place I got excited about was Rangiroa, and I'd head back there any time.

Quadra Island off Vancouver Island (most life I've ever seen per square foot of bottom)

Bonaire (shore diving heaven)

Great Barrier Reef (fish and critters)

St Lawrence River (wrecks)

#1 - Maldives - just recently returned from trip to this beautiful place
#2 - Corfu - nice vis, lots of life.
#3 - Abu Dhabi - vis not too good due to dredging here in the UAE but still nice diving
#4 - St Abs (UK) - seals and nice drifts!
#5 - Sound of Mull (Scotland) - good winter UK diving with great wrecks.

Lots of trips planned though - next is Musandam in Oman and possibly Philippines in Summer.

Favourite? Cayman Islands, hands down. Especially Little Cayman.

I have also gone diving in these places (in no particular order):
- Cozumel, MX
- Cenotes around Tulum, MX
- Oman (various places, including Fahal and the Daminyats)
- Powell River, BC
- Nanaimo, BC
- Vancouver, BC
- Port Hardy, BC
- Sechelt Inlet of the Sunshine Coast, BC)
- actually, all over the coast of BC and Vancouver Island

Back
Top Bottom