where do you keep your WAL underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Hi,
So, what do you do if you want to take your WAL off the camera underwater? My new WAL is a bit too big to put into my BC's pocket and I was afraid that I would scracth the lense. Does anyone make a lens holder or something similar?

Personally, I tie wrap a 30lb leader line to the base and lens. You can find them in the fishing section at Walmart, etc.

thanks for all the info.
I think the digital lens dock look like a good option.
I never did past my boyscout test on knotting so I would not trust myself with trying to tie anything this expensive and hope that it will stay on :)

If you followed the thread Steve listed, you'll know how pleased I am with my Digital Lens Dock. I'm sure you'll be just as happy with yours!

Thanks for the recommendation. I just received the Digital Lens Dock on Friday and tried it out over the weekend.
It is very convinient, very easy to assemble and very user-friendly. I ordered it directly from GBUndersea and Greg was very helpful with location to mount the dock etc.

It's a nifty tool, isn't it?!? Glad you like!

I just got my Oly C5050z, PT-015, S&S YS-90DX strobe, & Oly WAL!!!! Thanks to everyone (ESPECIALLY DEE!!) for all the wonderful info and suggestions!! I CAN"T WAIT to try it all out!! SO MUCH TO LEARN!! I got the Oly WAL because Allan @ Underwater digital told me that he has had to return several S&S WAL that people ordered to go with the PT-015. He said that they don't seem as compatable as the S&S was with the PT-014. He also told me that the digital lens dock will not work with the PT-015 because of the placement of the buttons. I have a fish-eye tray and locline arm. Does anyone have any other suggestions for underwater WAL storage?

dancingtortuga once bubbled...
...He also told me that the digital lens dock will not work with the PT-015 because of the placement of the buttons. I have a fish-eye tray and locline arm. Does anyone have any other suggestions for underwater WAL storage?

I strongly disagree. While I prefer the digital lens dock on top of my PT-10, that's not the only place it can be used! Go to gbundersea's website and look at the mounting variations.

I have the Fisheye tray and lockline arm too. I think you could mount it to the back side where the locline attaches to the top of the handle. Similar to the first photo showing a PT-015.

Greg could also have additional mounting ideas.

The Lens Dock is quite versatile when it comes to placement. If not on the housing then, the arm should also be another possible location. I did not like any of the locations that Greg showed on his site. After a few e-mail exchanges with Greg, I ended up putting the lens dock on my strobe arm. I am using Ikelite housing with its deluxe ball and socket arm. The dock is attached to the middle segment of the arm unit and the save a lens kit is hooked to the handle bar of the housing so I can swing the arm in any direction I wants and the save a lens kit will not limit the range of movement whether the WAL is on the housing or on the dock.

Back
Top Bottom