Where do you dive in New York City Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcienko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Guys !!!

Just figured I will post those two questions since I’m fairly new to diving and living in Brooklyn. My favorite is Beach 8 in Queens and Oak Beach.

What is you favorite place to dive in NYC area ?

Regards

Marcin

you have the jeannie 2 in sheepshead bay going out to wrecks..look up Eastern Dive Boat Association and you will find a listing there..(EDBA)..here in City Island (Bronx) we have dive in LI Sound on weekends and Thursday nights in season..

marcinny:
Guys !!!

Just figured I will post those two questions since I’m fairly new to diving and living in Brooklyn. My favorite is Beach 8 in Queens and Oak Beach.

Regards

Marcin

Where at Oak Beach? Near the parking area where everyone fishes? I've yet to dive locally and was thinking about trying there.How are the currents? If you dive high water slack how do you calculate? I know when I fish the bridge, high water slack is almost exactly 3 hrs after the posted high tide for the Coast Guard station.You might want to ck out Dan Bergs Long Island Shore diving guide most librarys have it.

marcinny:
Guys !!!

Regards

Marcin

I live in the extreme southwest of the NYC area, in the suburb of Dallas. :)

I take the subway to the LIRR and dive off one of the boats in Freeport. But that's only because I have a few friends there, the captain is terrific, and you get a nice mix of experience levels among the divers, but it means getting up at 3:15am and getting home kinda late. You can hook up with them through Scuba Network in Carle Place. Otherwise I'd probably go with the Jeannie 2 -- heard the crew and divers are nice and friendly.

Here's another good website: njscuba.net.

marcinny:
]What is you favorite place to dive in NYC area ?

New Jersey

:)

mattboy:
How about the pond in central park where they rent the rowboats?:D

It's only 7 feet deep, the viz. is zero and the suction from the mud bottom is tremendous. Dove it as publicity stunt years ago. Coliform bacteria count is beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom