Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venice Beach, FL for the usual weekend shark tooth hunt. 18ft of water / 81*F water

14th April 2008, I dove in Neuchatel Lake, 54.7 meters (180 feet), 49 minutes, 5-15°C (41-59°F), the visibility from 0 to 45 meters (0 to 148 feet) was bad, but from 45 meters (148 feet) was good and very black.

Back to one of the well known training sites for today's night dive. This time with a twist. Boat diving instead of shore diving.

[table 0 0 3]Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
Vinkeveen (Zandeiland 12)|56 Minutes|16M/52Ft|8C/46F[/table]
My first dive of the season in a 7mm full suit, hood and gloves. A nice dive, if only that :censored: thermocline hadn't intervened... :cold: :cold: :cold:

20080521-005.jpg

So, where did you dive today? :)

Today we did a dive in Swedens second largest lake, called Vättern. We did one dive at about 8.30 pm, but it gets dark late here so noo problem!

El Zee's first dives of the season...

[table 0 0 3]Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
De Boomgaard|52 Minutes|11M/36Ft|9C/48F
De Beldert, strand|51 Minutes|14M/46Ft|9C/48F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

Venice Beach again. 1 inch viz, 5 ft seas beach entry. Fossil hunt canceled so did some nav practice with a compass stuck to my mask. Better than watching cops on tv i guess.

Bainbridge Quarry (PA) Saturday morning.

Dive one 87 ft for 37 minutes..saw a few things we never saw before
Dive two 75 ft for 44 minutes..did a nice relaxing wall dive along the south wall

water was FREEZING!

Oesterdam/Bergseduipsluis.
11m 71min.
Went back for the cutllefish we saw last week.They where still there.
will be gone pretty soon,since mating period is over.

Did a really neat dive this morning ... on a barge called MT6. It's in the middle of Elliott Bay, just a mile or so from downtown Seattle, sitting in about 200 feet of water. The barge is quite large, and covered with life. Once we descended through the layer of silt and fresh water dumping out of the Duwamish River, visibility was quite good. We put two teams on the barge, and the other team had a video camera ... so I'm hoping to see some nice video of the dive at some point.

Max depth 192 feet ... total run time 80 minutes.

The afternoon dive was on a shallow wreck called the Omar. We descended down and spent 12 minutes on the wreck and called the dive ... current was much stronger than anticipated, and we didn't feel like working that hard after doing a deep dive earlier in the day. Max depth 72 feet ... total run time 25 minutes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom