Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

December 2, dove the Lost Blue Hole in Nassau. Visability was poor. Maybe 40 ft and a lot of sediment floating around. It was a good dive anyway. Day before dove the De La Salle wreck. That was a nice dive.

The pool at my LDS. My buoyancy is getting better, and I'll be in Cozumel in 3 weeks. Not very exciting, but I felt like I learned some things, so a good day diving!

Greetings Scuba Boarders today I enjoyed two great dives with a good dive buddy!
Air temps were 24º and surface was around 40º a little cold and our gear froze on the tables. It made the second dive interesting putting on frozen harnesses. They of coarse limbered up once we got back in the water. Our surface interval was about 1:15 so we could get our 100' second planned dive in. I found a new boat that I have been looking for for a while. It is amazing how finding something new at a familiar site can generate new interest. It was on the deep side tucked into the south east corner next to the wall.
I must have swam over it or around it half a dozen times. Visibility was rough today and not really what is normal for this time of year. I talked to a couple of other divers who felt the same. Lots of clouds in the 100' - 120' range which made it rather fun for me. I like more challenging dives that test your navigation skills.
We enjoyed the crack in the wall as well. It is amazing how vis and lighting can change perspective of a familiar site. Over all a really cool day, not just a pun!
Learned that winter hours are going to be Saturdays only 10 am - 3 pm starting in January. I have a feeling ice is coming pretty soon. Time for Ice Diving certification.
Safe diving to all, enjoy!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Last 6 dives for me were in Thailand during a 3 week vacation. Only got 6 dives in sadly but as usual I loved each of them.

1. Koh Ha
2. Koh Ha
3. Hin Muang
4. Hin Daeng (saw my first Manta Ray here - just a P&S in limited vis but I love it anyways)
5. Koh Bida Nai
6. Koh Bida Noc

Colpoys Bay, Wiarton, Ontario, 108 ft, 41 degrees, 34 minutes, came topside into a snowsquall, kind of pretty.

Skyline ... Burrows Passage, where Puget Sound meets the Straits of Juan de Fuca. This is one of those dives where currents can be unpredictable, and I typically bring a scooter even if I think I won't need it.

Today I needed it. Dropped down into four-foot vis and ripping current. Although I brought my camera with me, I decided on the descent to just leave it clipped off. Used the scooter to get out to the wall, then clipped it off and just drifted the wall for a while, bumped into it a few times in the swirling, mucky vis. After about 25 minutes I decided this wasn't a whole lot of fun ... saw a few interesting things, but spent too much time getting blown off the wall. So I unclipped the scoot and headed back toward the entry. Total dive time was just 34 minutes. Max depth 76 fsw. Water temp 46 degrees. Air temp today was 28 degrees with a 25-30 kt north wind. Felt like winter ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We went to True Blue quarry in VT. today to finish up our cavern course. Did two dives, the first we did lost line and valve drills. The second dive was a fun dive (now that we finished up all the requirements for the cavern course) we pennetrated about 100 feet into the one of the caverns and had a great dive. Water temp was 42 and air temp was around 30, the trees were still covered with snow from last nights storm.

Went diving with a friend at the local mudhole last evening. Despite the cold weather ... or perhaps because of it ... vis was exceptional. We were looking, specifically, for Pacific Spiny Lumpsuckers ... a tiny, funny-looking fish that shows up this time of year. Found 'em ... I spotted seven (Casey said he found eleven, but I was too busy taking pictures to notice) ... that's more than most divers will see in their lifetime. Also spotted several opalescent squid ... or more accurate to say they found us, since they are attracted to our lights. We spent 76 minutes in the shallows ... mostly in the eel grass in less than 10 feet of water ... and took more pictures than I usually take in three dives. It was overall one of the best dives I've ever had at Redondo.

Some lumpie pics ...

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

And some other stuff ...

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5103.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

That's a pretty good dive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We went to True Blue quarry in VT. today to finish up our cavern course. Did two dives, the first we did lost line and valve drills. The second dive was a fun dive (now that we finished up all the requirements for the cavern course) we pennetrated about 100 feet into the one of the caverns and had a great dive. Water temp was 42 and air temp was around 30, the trees were still covered with snow from last nights storm.

Congratulations on finishing your Cavern class! Who did you take your Cavern class with (dive shop? instructor? certifying agency?)? Did you go down the mine shaft or through the quarry? Those temperatures are actually better than I would have figured.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom