• East of the Mississippi River

Votes: 162 34.8%
  • Texas

Votes: 44 9.5%
  • Pacific Islands, including Guam Hawaii and Australia

Votes: 24 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Florida, the land of Flowers and the Fountain of Youth...

Votes: 18 3.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greeting from Egypt.We have the Pyramids and The Red Sea.
P.S. does any one know why it is called "Red Sea"
Fazlo

i ve been in canada since b4 i was born well 9 months b4 i was born anyway , and since Nova Scotia is a long way from Alaska and GreenLand i will be diving without the help of the eskimo's , and dog sleds not that i dont like dog sledding its just that it is hard to find a drysuit for the DOGS :D

Im from Little Rock, Arkansas. I know.... the home of Bill Clinton. I catch a lot of flack for that. Little Rock is really a fantastic little southern city. Its small enough to qaulify as a "small city", but large enough to have all the benefits of a larger city. Arkansas is known as the "Natural State" because of its vast forests, rivers, streams, and lakes.

There are several fanstastic lakes to dive in Arkansas. Arkansas for the most part is a mountinous rocky state. The lakes here were formed by the construction of dams which were built by the Army Corp of Engineers. As I said, Arkansas' lakes tend to have rocky bases which makes the water very clear. The lakes are built in the mountainous regions, and therefore are fairly deep.
If you ever make it to Arkansas to dive, ski, or whatever....I would suggest the following lakes.

Northern Arkansas....Bull Shoals, Norfork, and Beaver
Central Arkansas.....Greers Ferry, Hamilton
Southern Arkansas.....Quachita

All of these lakes are very large. They offer the full range of outdoor activities....from water skiing, bass fishing, sailboating, parasailing, to great scubadiving..

Come down and visit us....You will love Arkansas!!

Fazlo has posed the question of how the Red Sea got its name. There are a couple of theories I've heard:

1. One version is that the light of the setting sun reflected off of the red mountains along the shore, producing a reddish hue on the surface.

2. Another hypothesis is that a "red tide" bloom created a brownish/reddish hue when the plankton died.

So, Fazlo, do I win the all expenses paid trip to the Red Sea?

Hi there every one. I'm from Kingston Ontario Canada. on the eastern end of lake ontario.
have a good one and dive safe.
:yellow:
Barry

I am from a suburb just south of Atlanta GA, but originally from Wisconsin.

From SE Michigan. We have some of the best freeze your ass off diving around! Oh and the wreck diving is pretty good here too!

Chillywill

Springfield mass

Thats where I call home. My dream home is about 3 feet off the bottom, with endless air!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom