• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

When will I get my Teric?

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by Shearwater, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Shearwater

Shearwater Dive Equipment Manufacturer

ScubaSteve85, racanichou, Jay and 2 others like this.
  2. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    That's just great, great news!!!

3. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Hi,

Is it correct that as of last Thursday evening (7pm, your time zone) estimated wait time was already 10-12 week’s?

Either way please don’t read this as a complaint, good things take time to produce and receive.

If that’s incorrect I’ll separately email you.

Thanks,

J.

4. Diver0001

Diver0001 Instructor, Scuba

Just a random thought.

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and neither of us could remember the name of this computer. We're both technical divers and both fans of Shearwater. We both own Shearwater computers.

He couldn't remember what it was called so he described it in other terms. He called it the "Shearwater mosquito"

I thought they had named it the T-rex or the Tyrannosaur ... or something to that effect. I also couldn't remember the name even though I had been reading extensively about it just after its release.

Guys.... If you're going to name a product then for God's sake don't drink large amounts of alcohol while you're trying to decide on a name!

R..

kelemvor and Shearwater like this.
  5. Shearwater

Shearwater Dive Equipment Manufacturer

Rob, you guys were so close. T-Rex was probably an awesome Predator but a Pterosaur is a winged dinosaur.

You probably know all these but I'll post it anyhow for those readers that don't know about it.

Shearwaters are long-winged seabirds. They are most common in temperate and cold waters and are pelagic when outside their breeding season. They fly very close to the water, seemingly cutting or "shearing" the tips of waves to move across wave fronts with minimum effort. Their primary feeding technique is diving, with some species diving to depths of 70 m (230 ft). They are Pursuit Predators chasing their food while diving. Shearwaters are part of the family Procellariidae, which also includes several Petrels.

A Perdix is not a sea bird, but a genus of birds known collectively as 'true partridges'.

23557.jpg This symbol represents a Shearwater's wing. The one that shears the tips of the waves as it effortlessly flies way off shore in search of its next dive. Something that relates to a wing or resembles a wing is Pteric. But the "P" in the word is silent.

Cheers

6. JohnnyC

JohnnyC PADI Pro

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    It's a shame you dropped the P, even if it is silent.

7. kelemvor

kelemvor Big Fleshy Monster ScubaBoard Supporter

All divers do it, some just don't admit to it. Shearwater does admit to it.

8. Joneill

Joneill ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Nice!:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    ScubaSteve85, Shearwater and TASCPA like this.
  9. Scared Silly

Scared Silly Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I grew up with parents who were avid bird watchers. And I mean avid, one year we had a bird that blew into our yard from Russia. Boy was that exciting as people wanted to come from far and wide to see it.

As a kid I got hauled out on numerous birding excursions. Of which one was to look for a shearwater. I do not remember which one but the excursion was a bust as the shearwater promptly gained the name "Sh!ty" Shearwater.

10. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I've never heard of the "avid bird" before. :D :D :D

Hoag likes this.