When I grow up I'm gonna be...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Another identity crisis for the poor goatfish

Sigma 17-70 @ 48mm

bannergoatH1.jpg

Alcina, nice. BTW, what port/dome/ extensions do you use with your Sigma 17-70mm? You use a subal right?

The world needs another wannabee! (All the girls say he's pretty fly for a white guy)

pak - I do use Subal. I use their big dome port with an extension piece (I can't remember what size it is - I just told Ryan what I was going to shoot and he set it all up :wink: ) I don't own the smaller dome port - the buddy that owns this lens uses the smaller one with a +4 dioptre.

My copy of the Sigma is ordered :) C'mon, Mr Postman!!

alcina:
pak - I do use Subal. I use their big dome port with an extension piece (I can't remember what size it is - I just told Ryan what I was going to shoot and he set it all up :wink: ) I don't own the smaller dome port - the buddy that owns this lens uses the smaller one with a +4 dioptre.

My copy of the Sigma is ordered :) C'mon, Mr Postman!!

How close to the Dome does it get when you are fully extended at 70mm? That pic above looks nice at 48mm focal length.

I'll try to remember to take a shot of that tomorrow :wink: You are asking for how close the lens comes inside the housing, right? Focus with this thing is VERY close to the dome if you want it to be - I really like that coz you can get right up and personal instead of being lazy and shooting from far away :)

alcina:
I'll try to remember to take a shot of that tomorrow :wink: You are asking for how close the lens comes inside the housing, right? :)

Yes my question was more on how physically close the lens gets to the inside of the dome when zoomed out to 70mm... just ball park numbers... no need to get the tape measure out...

as for the focal point, ah yes I recall reading that your Sigma 17-70mm focuses real close at all focal lengths.

Back
Top Bottom