When events change for the best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Halloween 2001 will not ever be forgotten at my house. It actually began the night before. I got a call from my diving group leader to inform me that our boat captain had called and requested we cancel our weekend to the Bahamas this weekend as he was concerned about weather worsening. We began to look into rescheduling for next week, then came Halloween. I went about my day as usual, until my husband called me at work.
He had been having a pain in his elbow all day that began to go down his arm to his fingers. I immediately told him to go to the doctor. Long story made short he ended up in the ER having a mild heartattack. Was admitted, placed in ICU and on Friday had angioplasty for a blocked right coronary artery, which was very successfully opened. They did introduce a stint to maintain the integrity of the area of artery that was most damaged. He had already developed collateral arteries in the damaged area and now with it open the cardiologist if hopeful the damage will regenerate itself. All in all things have worked out for the best. My dive group did not want me to miss our dive and are now looking at rescheduling for the last weekend in November hopefully I would be able to join them then.

Good to hear everything seems to have worked out ok. Keep us posted on his condition.

Chad

Seaangel,

I am happy to hear that things worked out for you and your husband. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for his swift recovery.

Good thing you got him into the doctor and give him my best wishes for a full and complete recovery!

Also if you need a dive caddy on your trip let me know. I am cheap, only costs you hotel and airfare! hehehehe

Best wishes and a speedy recovery from the PacNW. I hope everything is tip top soon with your husband. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes. He is doing well and making steady recovery. Occupational Therapist told him no diving, but he will be able to snorkel again. He is happy with that anyway, wasn't going to get back into diving, but that is another story. He still encourages me to dive. As for a dive caddy.... hmm that sounds kinda fishy to me. LOL. or should I say how about the newly certified Mrs. what would she think? I seem to have alot of offers to either be my gear bearer or to get packed in my bags to go with me. Looks like it may still be four weeks before my trip to the Bahamas. We need atleast 14-15 divers and so far have 9. I am keeping my fingers crossed cause I really want to go.

Back
Top Bottom