What's your Worst diving day ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpbishop:
Blase1,

BTW your question should have been "what was your worst day diving?" Under current usage, the Baddest day would be the best day. Go figure.

I agree. The worst day was the day I got BACK from the Galapagos!

My worst day diving was ok diving, but afterwards I was dumped by my girlfriend. I guess it's good I was too nervous to propose that day.

Seems that my "baddest" always end up being some of my best-est days, in retrospect. Maybe I'm too headstrong or stubborn or stupid, but it seems like I frequently need a good lesson before I wake up and change.

One of my worst dives was some years back with Uncle Pug, where we ended up in a ripping current. The current was kicking my butt and I started over-breathing the reg until there were spots before my eyes and the panic started to build up in me. You couldn't just stop swimming and rest, or very quickly the current would have had us way down against a rocky shoreline. I thumbed the dive, did half a safety stop and surfaced, gulping air like a madman. UP finished his SS and surface about 150 yards up-current from me, relaxed, and signaling if I was OK? He was vary patient, sitting on a log waiting for me to hike up the beach and collapse down next to him.

One of my worst dives, but a big point of change in my thinking and how I approached my equipment configuration, kicking styles and trim. So, I guess it was one of my best days!

As far as diving goes the worst was a night dive with some group in Cancun. Not only were we against the current, but the divemaster was treating it like an olympic swimming race. I mean I'm in decent shape but I was sucking air like crazy with how fast this guy was moving, and I still could barely keep up. Then when we finally did surface the boat was nowhere to be found for about 10 minutes, which isn't the best thing to happen on a night dive of all times. Then after the boat finally came I got sick on the ride back and fed the fish, so to speak. Just not one of my more enjoyable evenings in general I would say.

The day I realised I was hit in the shoulder and thought I would never be able to dive again. Fortunately I was wrong, and I could go back underwater after proper treatment. And that day was one of the best I ever had!

3 days before V day , dont remember the diving that weekend but i remember the disturbing call from my wife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom