• Pole Spear/ Hawaiian Sling

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Your Bare Hands

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Riffe Number 2 Competitor is my favorite gun. I love how quiet it is. The small size is great for close quarters and easily manuverable. With three bands the thing still packs a punch and has good range. The line system takes a little getting used to but this gun is outfitted with a snap swivel where the line attaches to the gun which is a huge step up from the pigtail set up.

The Riffe C3XS is my choice.

celinediontickets.jpg

Not listed - so it's Riffe

Who put 'your bare hands'?! It was a joke! LOL
We used to grab sturgeon by the tails and shoot them at other divers. When released they swim very rapidly straight ahead regardless of what is straight ahead. Beer, or more correctly pre-beer college boy behavior, was involved.

We also used to catch Burbot on the bottom by hand as in the winter they lay on the bottom in big piles. Holding on to them can be a challenge.

Wong 50" Euro - Hybrid (when I'm doing OC of course)

Just to put meat on the table it's a Mares Sten 100 pneumatic. For tournaments it's a big band gun like a Riffe Islander or JBL 450 Magnum. I shot JBL's for years, but the trigger on the Riffe is just sweet.

I use a Riffe Hawaiian here. Great gun... I also use an AB Biller 42 for small or no vis days. The Riffe really is the weapon of choice. Worth every penny.

I was given a Mares pnumatic. It works well for me on the north coast of ca. We shoot lings and rock fish. I will admit that my dream gun is a JBL 38 special northwest. But three small kids keeps me at the window licking stage at replacing my trusted mares. But someday!!!!!!! It will fail me and the JBL will be mine.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom