What's your must-have dive trinket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax Mouthpiece- they are so much more comfortable than regular ones.
View attachment 178853
And they're tough enough that you don't chew a hole in them every 50 dives either.

I've had one of those "molded" (you make it to fit your mouth) mouthpieces for years. Got the idea going down an anchor line in the Gulf of Mex. when the current wanted to rip the mouthpiece from my mouth. My buddy in DM course found practising buddy breathing interesting with that thing. Don't know if I'd call it a trinket. Don't think I have any real trinkets. Then again, don't like spending money.

Another is my Tekna Dagger. I have worn it on my waist strap for a few decades and it has served well. As a practitioner of SCUBA Minimalism, I find "trinkets" mostly silly and an excuse to promote consumerism. It has occurred to me that as a cyclist I am having exactly the reverse evolution. My favorite bicycle seems to be accumulating odd contrivances in direct proportion to my elimination of said odd devices upon my SCUBA rig and person.

N

Mine was a stainless steel thresher shark keychain that i bought in Malapascua Island. Sadly it got lost a few years ago.

A dive slate - it's nice but really not critical. I always have it & so seldom actually use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my Skum-Ball. Took the clip off and attached to the right shoulder of my BC with the split ring. Keeps the reg from my pony totally clean, out of the way, and ready for any emergency or for practice.

Skum-Ball Octopus Holder with Clip at LeisurePro?=,,

my Skum-Ball. Took the clip off and attached to the right shoulder of my BC with the split ring. Keeps the reg from my pony totally clean, out of the way, and ready for any emergency or for practice.

Skum-Ball Octopus Holder with Clip at LeisurePro?=,,

Great marketing in the name: you gotta feel thrilled about taking something that goes in your mouth and storing it in a "Skum-Ball".

The brilliant thing is that it really works to make the name memorable. Good product too.

Back
Top Bottom