What's your favorite boat bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDolphin

Reaction score
I use a big duffle now. It works fine.... but I am tired of making several trips back to the truck for weights, etc..

I put all of my gear into the bag except my BC, weight system, and tanks. My BC is a backplate and wing, and really does not fit well in the duffle, and even if it did, it would way as much as me (or feel like it).

SO....... I am feeling there must be a better way. I am thinking of getting a roller bag. I'd like to only have to make two trips to the boat.... my bag and my tanks.

What is your favorite boat bag? Should I consider the roller bags? Do they fit under the bench/seat/stall ok?

Thanks.

Have you tried just wearing the backplate and weight system?

I find it easiest to put everything except tank, weights, and BCD into a medium size duffle bag. I just wear the BCD on the hike down to the boat. You might even find that the easiest way to carry the tank is on the backplate or BCD.

Charlie

Mares Hercules—fits everything (excluding weights; you could probably throw ’em in there and do your back in!) including two BCs (one a back inflate BC, one a harness/wing), two wetsuits, gloves, boots, two pair of fins, regs, hoods, towels etc.

Depends.......

On a LOB, I take a biger bag (roller) that carries everything (clothes and equipment)

On a day trip a simple meshbag (with just the things I need)

This way you can make one trip with bag in one hand and tank in other. Unless you take more tanks of course ;-)

Pack small and remember, everything you take on board, you have to take off as well, but then wet. (heavier)

I have an Akona mesh Boat Duffle...(LOVE IT!)

Not the one with wheels though. Everything fits easily! (full 3mm, bcd, regs/etc. mask/snorkel, fins, small dry bag and boxes for stuff...)

The roller model is the same size basically...

Cressi's Apnea bag when I need lots of stuff...it's the only bag (at least here) that will take my long blades. Both DH and I can get our full sets into this one bag. Wsh it had rollers, but that's being fussy!

I never put weights into a bag...just asking for crushed gear. I used to wear my weight belt as I walked from the car to the boat. hands free, easy and I never forgot it!

I use the XSScuba mesh gear bag on wheels. My BC fits in it. I use it on boats and planes. I use a separate weight bag.

The backpack style mesh duffle bags are great. You can stuff everything in it and leave your hands free to carry the tank and weights. Look for dry pockets and side zipper, as well. Get the largest available. Stahlsac(?), Tilos, etc.

Akona backpack/shoulder strap combo along with a small duffle. Once on the boat the duffle is completely empty and stores nicely in the almost empty Akona bag.

I've got to third the nomination for the Akona mesh pack. Once emptied of gear on the boat, it is very easy to stuff under a seat and keep out of everyone's way. Having several other mesh bags, I was surprised at how rugged the rubberized mesh on the Akona has proven to be. Only weak spot is the drawstring closure, which can pull loose if you don't tie an extra knot in the line. It really is only a day bag though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom