What's your favorite AI comp. and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LavaSurfer:
Phewy!
I think AI is important.
If the algorithm can estimate you remaining air time based on Pressure, depth and your breathing pattern/rate, thats a good thing.

You're preachin' to the choir, I love AI, but as I said I'm a bells and whistles kind of guy. If you can't afford it though, I'm sure you can get by without it.:D

LavaSurfer:
Phewy!
I think AI is important.
If the algorithm can estimate you remaining air time based on Pressure, depth and your breathing pattern/rate, thats a good thing.
....................IF

Oceanic products......starting from ProPlus 2....VT PRO.....Atom....VT3.....and so on. :D

But of course the VR3's are nice as well.

scubadobadoo:
....................IF

Egads. I can't believe I'm going to open this can of worms, but what the heck...

So, why would you think that an AI computer CAN'T calculate remaining air consumption, etc?

<HappyFunBoater quickly backs away from the keyboard as the excrement takes flight>

I went through two Aeris 500ai's (under warranty) and upgraded to the Atmos ai when the second failed. I'd been very skeptical of Aeris, but after about 2-1/2 yrs now on the Atmos ai, I've come to really like it. Easy to read, easy to use. The download software still sucks, but then that's not a diving issue.

Dennis

Dash Riprock:
Im a total newbie.
Good day.
Indeed, you clearly know everything there is to know about dive computers... relax a bit and enjoy a bit of diving first.

I like the Uwatec Smart series of wireless AI computers. Nice size display, wireless AI that rarely loses link, the higher end ones (mine) support multiple gases per dive. Easy to use, gauge mode for when I move to tech diving/DIR, and the IR link for downloading into the excellent software tops the charts. Battery is not user-replaceable, but I bought from an authorized dealer so battery swaps are free for life, and they overhaul the comp at the same time as an added bonus. That said, over 50 dives into my SmartTEC the battery is still at 80%, and I am NOT cautious with battery life.

Oceanic / Aeris makes excellent computers as well, but I am very happy with my choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom