What's Wrong With This Picture?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow got it didn't take long to see it

Maybe not too long for you, but it was overlooked a few times after the error, including two subsequent visuals (based on the stickers) and who knows how many fills.

I got a kick out of it and I figured it would be good to share.

Standin' on my head helped. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe not too long for you, but it was overlooked a few times after the error, including two subsequent visuals (based on the stickers) and who knows how many fills.

Well, did they overlook it, or check it and realise what it was intended to be?

It is pretty amusing though.

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2012 at 02:56 PM ----------

Well, did they overlook it, or check it and realise what it was intended to be? After all, a tank which was manufactured in '87...

It is pretty amusing though.

Even I got it.

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2012 at 05:11 PM ----------

Even I got it. I don't think they were dumb. Just wrong side up.

Pretty funny. Kind of like when I write my mix standing over the tank.

Here's another funny hydro stamp. Someone tried to pass this one by us with a homemade stamp and custom RIN. Call this one the Buzz Lightyear tank. To infinity and beyond!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 483
I've been a welder for 40 years...and a diver for 20.I'm familiar with the why's and how's of hydro testing,but not the exact subtleties of the stamping info.I went here....
http://www.turbinerotables.com/pdf/hydro jan 26.pdf
to read up before I posted.I'm still in the dark as to the two pics you've posted,and what they are exhibiting in their stamp violations.Is there any chance that someone could help to educate those of us who have not joined the secret society,and have not been shown the secret handshake?

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Here's an article that helped....after getting a nice note from a member who will remain anonymous,I'm starting to see the light...
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr;sid=e55de0769b6ef14ee3318acd02a0361e;rgn=div5;view=text;node=49%3A3.1.1.1.3;idno=49;cc=ecfr#49:3.1.1.1.3.3.1.9

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:13 AM ----------

The second pic....seems the little squigly mark in the middle SHOULD have contained specific info on the retester.

How do you know it was overlooked? You seem to be implying the people who VIPed and filled the tank are incompetent. What probably happened is this. The owner of the tank took it to an LDS for a Hydro and VIP. The LDS sent it out to a hydro facility for testing (as most do), where the year was stamped upside-down. The tank passed and the LDS VIPed it and filled it aware of the unique markings. It is funny and good to share to alert divers to double-check the hydro stamps but it is not right of you to imply there is some sort of wrong doing on the part of the dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom