What's wrong with the divers in this clip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

come on yukon... give us a chance to guess it.

There's no advantage to having a snorkel in your mouth while underwater. Lots of world class free divers don't use a snorkel.

Walter:
There's no advantage to having a snorkel in your mouth while underwater. Lots of world class free divers don't use a snorkel.

yeah? cool. learn something new everyday.

Walter:

yukoneer:
yeah? cool. learn something new everyday.

There was snorkel in the picture? :14:

I only see ONE diver....

Hhmm - I've been gazing at the clip for 10 minutes now and can't see anything wrong at all... Apart from the drool stains slowly spreading down my shirt.

Maybe I'll watch it for another 10 minutes and see...

Walter:
No advantage unless you'd like to come to the surface and clear your snorkel while keeping your face in the water as most snorkelers do. Then you'd have to replace the snorkel in your mouth each time you return to the surface. Just wasted energy/movement.

Free divers are on a different agenda. I don't see them swimming for long distances on the surface with their faces in the water.

In this sense, I'd say snorkels out of mouths is strange, and likely removed for better face shots.

Well, whatever his face is is digging for artifacts with a very thin and pointy stick, probably not the greatest digging device ever created. He's also blocking my view of Jessica Alba. Two things right there.

Yukoneer - could you please post several more clips in this series so we can make up our mind what errors there may be?

Cheers.
Rohan.

(BTW pointy sticks make great probes for objects buried in sand/mud. However blocking the view of Jessica is an unforgiveable sin)

Back
Top Bottom