What's the trick to disassembling an older Brut second stage ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know these things are supposedly stupid-simple (no jokes, please :D) , but these things are giving me fits.
I have what's almost a new-old-stock 2nd that I'd like to do a fresh service on, as well as a crusty old yellow octo I've had for many years ( and that really needs a service). These are both older (90's era) models, not the newer ones with the oval-shaped front.
I removed the hose, and the purge cover and diaphram, and the next threaded section that exposes the seat. Now what? Do I just start unscrewing that tiny screw at the base of the purge lever? I'd hoped to "practice" on the old yellow 2nd stage, but i can't even get that piece off that exposes the seat (which may be a corrosion issue, but didn't think it was that bad).
Any help, warnings, links, points in the right direction, etc. would all be highly appreciated.....

Thanks man, the manual link has been very helpful!

Last edited:
A 3/4 inch deepwell slotted socket makes servicing the Sherwood 2nd stages much easier. I made one using the Bridegport and an end mill at work.

Attachments

• 20180128_113857.jpg
    20180128_113857.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 36
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom