What's the significant difference between the DUI TLS350 and the CLX450?

Which DUI Drysuit do you prefer?

• The TLS 350 is better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The CLX450 is better.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • They are both good, and eithe one wouldn't matter.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Both are over rated.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife

Reaction score
The CLX450 is suppose to be one of the higher models in their line, but every diver I've seen uses the TLS350. What's the difference, is it that one's dries faster, one's more durable, one looks nicer? Can you have the dump valved installed on the arm instead of closer to the shoulder?:)

Jackknife once bubbled...
The CLX450 is suppose to be one of the higher models in their line, but every diver I've seen uses the TLS350. What's the difference, is it that one's dries faster, one's more durable, one looks nicer? Can you have the dump valved installed on the arm instead of closer to the shoulder?:)
The 450 has a cordura torso and is supposedly more durable, but is supposedly more restrictive due to the cordura. IMHO, you will live whichever one you choose.

No matter which one you choose you can put the dump where you like it.

The TLS350 is a light trilam drysuit.

The CLX450 is a heavy duty drysuit designed to withstand abrasion, such as in wreck diving.

DUI has a comparison chart here.

The CLX is quite a bit heavier than the TLS, as well as more expensive. For general diving, IMO the TLS would be more comfortable and flexible.

Phil

O-ring once bubbled...
IMHO, you will live whichever one you choose.
What's with all the PC posts?!?! Are you trying out for a moderator position?

They neuter you after you become a mod... you don't have to do it to yourself to get the job!

Jack... I tried out the 450 before I bought a CF200... I personally didn't like the stiffness and restriction of movement. But I don't like the weight of my CF200 either so I don't know that I made the right decision. I prefer to dive my Andy's trilam (similar to a 350 but maybe a little lighter) but won't dive it anywhere there is a chance of getting a tear in it.... again.

This is why I bought the CF200.

What's with all the PC posts?!?! Are you trying out for a moderator position?
Natasha said I was a breath away from permanent banning and confiscation of all my gear after I made negative comments about Bonaire, reefs, and small fish. Since then I have worked on improving my image...

O-ring once bubbled...
Natasha said I was a breath away from permanent banning and confiscation of all my gear after I made negative comments about Bonaire, reefs, and small fish. Since then I have worked on improving my image...
That comfirms an email I received last night telling me that you had been neutered and who had done the job! :D

Sorry to hear it O-ring.

BTW... I for one appreciated your review.... glad we got your unvarnished opinion before the neutering took place!

{MD... watch closely... the above have potential for a HJ :D}

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

{MD... watch closely... the above have potential for a HJ :D}

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean :wink:

And o-ring, truly sorry for the loss of your...well, you know.

Phil

I recently bought a CLx450 and I love it. Its only fair to tell you that I have never used another dry suit so I can't compair with any other models or brands. But I will tell you that I have a well fitted Special Productions and I don't feel that my movement is restrictive. I have a friend that has a 7mil oneils dry and the damn thing swallows him and he is obviously restricted in his movements.

Wifie has a 350. Very light - dries very quickly, packs small, yatta yatta, yatta.

I have the 50/50 - couldn't be more pleased. What I was missing after the wetsuit was the stretch, you know? With the 50/50, I get the CF200 in the legs...stretch is no problem. But there is also a bit of stretch in the top.

The common mis-conception is the 50/50 has the 350 (nylon) or a 450 (cordura) top. It doesn't. it has a Polyester top - think Saturday night fever Angel's Flights (not that I EVER wore them... :rolleyes: ) with a larger thread base - making it a little tougher. What this does is allow the natural 4-way stretch in the rubber center layer to be articulated well in the polyester - something you don't get at all in the 350 and 450.

My 50/50 is very comfy, has a moderate amount of 4 way stretch and strikes a good drying-time balance between the 350 and cf200.

My $02.

K

PS: O-Ring - resist vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom