What's the name of this island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know the name (or even if it has one) of the little island in between and a little east of Burrows Island and Allen Island near Anacortes? I went diving there last Saturday. 4 ft viz, 1-2 kts current, and a really cool wall on the west side that's probably a lot neater if you could see past your light.

48.4730, -122.6915 - Google Maps

The current is pretty gnarly around there so be careful if you go. We had a little effort to keep the boat off the rocks.

That's what Google Earth calls it - Young Island.

I have seen a 6' lingcod there on the ledge at like about 70' back in I want to say 1999,
Good to see your out Exploring the area, alot of close easy diving.

I can usually get three to four dives in a day in that area from the way the currents are, Go out to middle of the channel and the bunkerhill is out there, Once hooked call to let them know your diving the shipping lanes, Plan on a long slack of course.

happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom