What's the latest on docs reqd for Mexico entry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
tridacna

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm off to CSL next week. Is there an official Mexican immigration form that can completed online? I'm hearing that planes typically do not have them forcing you to do them while in the immigration line. Any help here?

I've flown on US and Mexican operated airlines to the airport and Mexico city, they usually hand them out on the flight, right before landing. Bring a pen.

I've flown on US and Mexican operated airlines to the airport and Mexico city, they usually hand them out on the flight, right before landing. Bring a pen.
Usually true. I've done this many times. Several friends reported recently that the planes never had the forms and it was a giant PITA doing them in the Immigration line. I think that I read that the form is avail online.

I just flew into CSL in September and I can tell you what I needed. I completed the Customs form and the Immigration Form on line before I left. They did not hand the forms out on the plane (Southwest). Going through Immigration the lady in front of me had also completed her Immigration form on-line but when she handed it to the Immigration Officer he told her they did not accept the on-line forms. She was told to go complete a new one at the table to the right. I got the Immigration Officer to her left, who took my completed on-line form without question. He did question my Customs form, which was two pages. He said it is only supposed to be one page so I had to go complete a new one. After I completed it I went back to the desk, gave him my form and had to press the Go/No Go button. My luck, I get the red No Go and now have to go to Customs for a complete search of my bags. I had my camera and housing in my carry on and when the officer opened it and saw the housing he immediately asked for its value. It is an Olympus TG-5 housing so I had only paid $300.00 for it. After telling him the value he closed my bag told me that as long as the value was under $500.00 there was no tax on it. If it had been higher I would have been required to pay a tax to bring it into the Mexico. I thanked him and went on my way. Soooo, long story short, print the forms or don't it really just a crap shoot depending on who you talk to.

I recently traveled to Cabo. I filled out the online forms and brought the printed hardcopies. The Immigration form was accepted but the Customs Declaration form was rejected by the officer who was manning the red and green buttons.

Please refer to the attached pix of the front and back of the back of the form. The front side of the half that you fill out is where you declare whether you are carrying more than $10,000, and the back side of that same half is where you declare whether you are bringing in plants and other prohibited goods. Usually, the officer tears out and takes the filled-out half, and gives you the half that has the instructions and regulations on front and back.

The officer then sent me to the table to fill out the form manually. When I returned to him with the hand-filled form, I asked him what was wrong with my online form.......and here is the key takeway:

When you print this form on both sides of the sheet of paper, make sure that the half that has the "carrying more than $10,000" declaration on the front also has the the "prohibited goods" declaration on the back of it, and not the back side of the instructions and rules.

There may be other reasons for them to be rejected, but that was why mine was rejected.

Attachments

• MEX Customs Back.png
    MEX Customs Back.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 34
  • MEX Customs Front.png
    MEX Customs Front.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 36
I just got back from CSL. The United flight crew gave me an immigration form but not a customs form. When I got to the inspection area, the customs agent sent me to complete the missing document. It would have been nice if the flight crew had given me the correct forms in the air!

I just got back from CSL. The United flight crew gave me an immigration form but not a customs form. When I got to the inspection area, the customs agent sent me to complete the missing document. It would have been nice if the flight crew had given me the correct forms in the air!
Were you seated in row 38? Sometimes they run out. That’s why the links to the forms were published here. To avoid what happened to you.

Were you seated in row 38? Sometimes they run out. That’s why the links to the forms were published here. To avoid what happened to you.
No I was in 12D. Next time I'll print everything out in advance.

Back
Top Bottom