whats the difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ALAN243

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have looked EVERYWHERE for the difference between the drager ray and the dolphin, maybe I 'm just stupid but can someone please help me. The price difference is alot.

The Dolphin lasts about double the bottom time as the Ray for any given depth.
Rick

i guess what im looking for is some specific info . why does it give you more bottom time? different o2 mixes what? please help

The Dolphin is bigger everywhere than the Ray.
I think but I do not know for sure that the Dolphin comes with a bailout bottle and the Ray doesn't.
Specific information seems very sparse, even on Draeger's site.
Rick

Alan243,
The Drager Ray is a simple SCR that only uses EAN50. It is designed to a maximum depth of 70 feet for 70 minutes. It has a built-in bailout. There has been talk of an adapter to increase the max depth to 130, but I have not heard anything about it in awhile.

The Drager Dolphin is an SCR that comes with a regulator and nozzles for EAN40, EAN50 and EAN60. You can purchase a nozzle for EAN32. The maximum depth with EAN32 is 130. You have to fill the tank with the desired mix and connect a resupply hose to the appropriate nozzle on the regulator. I own a Dolphin and am glad I have it over the Ray.

You have to take an SCR course before you can take ownership of the unit you buy. The shop selling you the unit should also be able to offer you the course for the appropriate SCR unit.

RonC.

who has the best prices on rebreathers?

You can get them on the net "ebay" or from a local dive retailer. If you are going to get one, think about doing it sooner rather than later. Drager is having a sail on their dolphins and rays.

The one my wife bought was about $3500.00 US. That's for the european model with black case oxcy gauge and tek harness.

There is a lot of talk about the drager rebreathers. What does anyone know about the Halcyon 80. It seems to be a considerable step up.

Does anyone have a link that tells more about how a rebreather works, or info on times you can spend at a given depth with a certain rebreather? Several sites sell both the drager and the halcyon, but it seems the information provided about either manufacturers product is fairly limited.

syruss
http://www.coraladventures.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom