What's the difference here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm considering purchasing a Delta 4 FDX10. The Delta 4 FDX10 setup that I'm used to seeing is with DVT and the swivel hose connection @ the 2nd stage. This reg setup apparently has neither, according to the seller. Does this reg come in both swivel and non-swivel? I don't see the swivel mentioned on Oceanic's site anymore. Did they do away with it on the Delta 4?

I've attached pics where the swivel is clearly visible in one model and not at all on the other. If Oceanic did get rid of it on the Delta 4....... why?

Attachments

• b16b_1_bl.JPG
    b16b_1_bl.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 37
  • 44e6_1.JPG
    44e6_1.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
Oceanic did in fact discontinue the swivel on the Delta 4. The swivel is now available on the EOS. I have seen a few posts about people taking the swivel hose off of their Delta regs in favor of a standard hose, so you may be able to find one out there. Unfortunately I don't think the EOS hose fits the Delta. As for why I would have to guess that it was either to bring the cost of the Delta down or they felt that it didn't make sense to have both the Delta and EOS come with the swivel (but that is absolutely a guess).

So, if they discontinued the swivel then I can assume that a Delta 4 WITHOUT the swivel is from their latest line up? I guess my real concern was if they were having trouble with that particular swivel......

I think it was available both ways before. I have also read about people taking the swivel off because they felt it was an unnecessary failure point. The current Delta 4 comes with no swivel, but I wouldn't use the swivel or lack there of to determine the age the reg. I am new to diving so my opinion about equipment comes from limited experience, but I have used the Delta 4 and I now own the EOS and have had no problems with the swivel. I did hear a possible reason for the change and it had nothing to do with quality or performance. (I dont remember where I heard it and it could have come from a total j**ka*s so i wont go into what it was :D)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom