What's the best way to find NAUI instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealionesse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The title question asks it all. I found a dive center locator on the NAUI website, but when I went to the store it recommended, they didn't seem to offer NAUI courses.

I also found a way to find NAUI members. I know to be a member you need to be an instructor--but it just feels weird to contact individuals out of the blue. I don't know if they are actively teaching. But is that the best way to find classes?

Thanks!

The Dive Center Locator and the Dive Professional Locator are the way to search. Where are you located and are you looking for something specific? Glad to help if I can.

I have called all the shops in my immediate area... no luck. In doing a lot of digging, I found a shop 340 miles away that does NAUI classes. I am really shy of cold calling the members I found in the NAUI website. I mean, I can do that, but it feels weird. So that's why I am asking here first. :)

EDIT: Thanks SeaCobra... I sent you a PM.

gee, I'm closer than that! The pickings do seem slim in that area, I recognized a couple of names in the member locator. You can send the instructor an email via the NAUI website, it does work well. I have a call into the local rep to see if he has any recommendations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom