What's on your diving bucket list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to enjoy our national treasure, [h=1]Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument[/h]Unfortunately, it will be only a dream. Fun to read everyones dream dives . Cheers

Lots, but big ones:

Seeing i.e diving with- whale, Tiger Shark and Great White (any large shark actually)
Silfra Crack-Iceland
Gruner See- Austria
Palau

I'd like to enjoy our national treasure, Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument

Unfortunately, it will be only a dream. Fun to read everyones dream dives . Cheers

Why only a dream?

I hope the list includes Palau... if you want to see Jellyfish Lake.

Whooops, my bad :$ Maybe i should stop multitasking while writing these kind of lists :).

I have a bucket list trip that I would dive and snorkel on but that would only be part of the event. I want to go to Tahiti ==> Moorea ==> Bora Bora ==> Huahine ==> Marquesas. I figure about 6 weeks or so. I also want to go back to Dominica and dive (previously only snorkeled). I'm also thinking Belize for the diving, jungles and Mayan ruins.

Kharon you would be missing the best diving in French Polynesia - Bora Bora and Moorea are average at best, the Marquisas topside are awesome but diving is almost impossible due to the nature of the island and the ultimate dive locations in FP are Rangiroa and Fakarava.

Have ticked Rangiroa, PNG, Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and N. Sulawesi, Sumatra, Komodo and Flores and Lembongan/Penida off the list (oh and vietnam..hmm)

Planning trip now to Reunion, Madagascar, Maldives, Seychelles, Mozambique then onto CR for some land stuff and Cocos and Dominica.

When I have finished that trip would like to do Silfra, have an upclose encounter with Orcas, Yap, Palau and Socorro and Fernando de Noronoha and spend a few months kicking around Solomons, Vanuatu and Fiji.

I have dived at Manta Point in the Maldives twice (years apart). I have tried Mozambique, Hawaii and the Comores.

I might be the unluckiest diver out there, but one day I hope to see my first ever Manta Ray.

In the interim I content myself with ship wrecks,
I would love to see the Empress of Ireland and Bikini Atholl.

It is nice to see so many people with Truk Lagoon down on their bucket lists. I remember when I did Truk back in 2011 I was gearing up on the back chatting with a diver from Dubai and he said to me reflectively: "You know this is probably the first time I have been really, really excited to do something, and then when I finally got there, it really is that good!"

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Cool Thread! The list is long but I guess a few of mine are

Wakatobi - And I heard from several unrelated people now to just do land based which they all thought was better than going on the liveaboard
Red Sea
PNG

Since alot of you have had sharks and other big animals on your list, do yourself a favor and check out my friend Andy Murchs website Big Fish Expeditions. World Class Photography and Diving with Tiger Sharks, Sperm Whales, Hammerheads, Humpbacks, Oceanic Whitetips, Humboldt Squid and other Big Animals.
I'm sure you'll want to go on all his trips. You'll be able to check some stuff off your list and have an experience you'll never forget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom