What's on your diving bucket list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've read mention of people getting Open Water certified to check it off their bucket list a few times recently and it's gotten me thinking. If you let it, diving opens up a whole new world and with it, a whole new set of possible bucket list items. I'm using the bucket list idea a bit loosely, considering you might want to do something more than once or make it a new hobby before "checking it off". What do you want to try? What class do you aspire to take? Where do you want to dive? etc ... What's on your diving bucket list?

I'll start with a couple of things that are on my list, which seems to get exponentially longer the more possibilities I'm exposed to.

- I want to try ice diving at least once...
- Get technical training (especially for wrecks)
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef

I hope to be able to do some dive week vacations at the 5-6 total places in the Carib./Mexico that allow shell collecting. Oh, also the Great Barrier Reef of course (allowed in some places there). Hope to continue to do a little DMing the next 3-4 years, age/health permitting. Hope to hit 500 dives in 2015 summer, after which point I MAY slow down a bit-- ei. maybe a few more dives down South and a few less up here? Having the money to "snowbird" in South FL instead of the panhandle would help.

Good thread idea!

The top thing on my bucket list is Chuuk Lagoon! But here is my list

Chuuk
Hawaii
A U-boat... any U-boat (I have this already scheduled and paid for--U-352, so it's coming soon)
See Whale Sharks
Dive a Great Lakes Wreck
Texas Clipper
Andrea Doria

There are a lot of places I want to go back to and see again too, but I guess technically they are off the list :)

Galapagos, Cocos, Solomon Islands, Socorro in humpback season, and if I win the lottery, Palmyra Reef/Line Islands.

If I start, we could be here a while...

Finish my OW certification dives at Dutch Springs, Dive for sharks teeth somewhere (maybe Venice Fl) Win the lottery or wait till daughter is out of college then
Galapagos, Hawaii, Florida Keys, and many other places I don't know about yet.

Jardines de la Reina + a whole bunch of other unspoiled places!

My next dive....

Whenever. Wherever.

Every dive has something awesome in it. If I am lucky and/or diligent I will encounter it. So my bucket list is really to do (at least) 1 more dive.

And so far I have never been disappointed. The fish are not unionized, they do not do Command Performances. I see and experience what is available. I can not order up an experience.

But, It sure beats working!

That said, we are off to Belieze in a few weeks and I will be disappointed WITH MYSELF if I do not find some Bulldozer Shrimps. I am 2 for 5 so far, and THEY have always been there.

Back
Top Bottom