What's more important: brand or dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seem's like it is pretty much unimani.. uniname.. We all agree.. go with the Aqualung. Welcome aboard

unannimoss... or unnaneemoss ...

or is it inanemous?

dang... that's a hard word

lerxt:
Thanks to all of you for the helpful answers and the warm welcome.

Fortunately, the LDS that I have an excellent relationship with sells Oceanic and ScubaPro! I am leaning towards the MK25/S600 but also looking at the new Oceanic Delta 4.

Personally if I were in your situation with the dilemna, I would go for whatever your budget, reviews, and "gut" feeling tells you! I am also a new diver and want a quality reg for the price.

Hope this helps!

Bill

lerxt:
I'm shopping for a regulator, and I've narrowed my options down to the Scubapro Mk25/S600 and the Aqualung Legend LX. I'm leaning toward the Scubapro, but here's my dilemma: the Scubapro is sold by three local dealers, none of whom I know, and with relatively short histories. The Aqualung is sold by the local shop where I got certified, a shop that has been around for almost 40 years and has gained my complete trust.

I'm curious about what others think - would you buy your first choice reg from a shop you don't know, or your second choice reg from a store you know and trust?

WELCOME TO SCUBABOARD!!!
Sound like a definite no-brainer to me.The shop thats been around for so long (that you know and trust)seems to know what his product/work is worth(hence the 40yrs in bussiness). If you turn your back on him to save a few bucks where are you going to be if your 40yr shop closes and the new guy does the same by flooding the market and drying up sales ops. I would definitely go to the established shop for major purchases because in the long run the "after the sale" service is where the TRUE value is

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom