Whats a new Uwatec Air Z worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannyh

Reaction score
I got a new Air Z in trade for my SmartCom and was thinking about selling it. Since its never been in water I was wondering what it would be worth? Any ideas?

Also since I bought it at a LDS and have not registered it on-line does this mean that anyone can get the warrantee from Uwatec?

Thanks...

dannyh once bubbled...
I got a new Air Z in trade for my SmartCom and was thinking about selling it. Since its never been in water I was wondering what it would be worth? Any ideas?

Also since I bought it at a LDS and have not registered it on-line does this mean that anyone can get the warrantee from Uwatec?

Thanks...

I would love to trade it for a brand new SmartCOM (if you miss yours :) ) or buy it from you. How much do you want for it?

Well I'm not sure. I was hoping to get some responce on Scuba Board about what its worth.:confused:

dannyh once bubbled...

Thanks...

I believe the MSRP on them is in the $1200 USD range with the transmitter. If you PM I will check this afternoon when I go to work.

$1200,,, Wow. Its a great looking setup but man thats alot of cash @ retail.

So whats a "good deal" on buying something like this (new in the box) ???

$1200 :confused: LP sells them for $699 with the transmitter.

I was going to buy my computer from LP but wanted a warantee from UWATEC. (just in case I needed a software/firmware upgrade) :eek:

Does that matter to others?

Anyone have thoughts on the best way / place to sell this?

freedive once bubbled...
$1200 :confused: LP sells them for $699 with the transmitter.

And now you know why the dive shop I work for does not stock them. Leisure Pro is not an authorized Scubapro/UWATEC dealer so you do not get the mfg warranty with it.

dannyh once bubbled...
I was going to buy my computer from LP but wanted a warantee from UWATEC. (just in case I needed a software/firmware upgrade) :eek:

Does that matter to others?

Anyone have thoughts on the best way / place to sell this?

If you're local dive shop has been good to you give them a chance to compete. They may not advertise that they do discounts but if you talk to them most are always willing to do something to make a sale. It may not be a cash discount but many shops will throw in things like free air fills etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom