What's a good camera for a new diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I will pile on with the buoyancy issue.

Clearly the goal is to protect the reef and the subjects you want to capture in pixels. Here are my personal rules posted at our site Aquablue Dreams

1. Always try to minimize our impact on the subject.
2. We will not move, handle, coax or prod any animal to capture a "better" photo.
3. We will not move, handle or disturb any coral or other structure to get a "better" photo of a subject.
4. We will be very conscious of our buoyancy in an attempt to avoid coming in contact with the reef or bottom.
5. Only one finger on the reef (dead section) to capture a photo.* If this is not possible than we will forgo the picture.
6. If we see a fellow diver harming the reef or its creatures intentionally or by accident we will no longer keep silent. We will try, with as much tact as possible, to raise the subject of protecting that which we have all come to SEE!
7. We will let guides know that we do not look for them to manipulate in any way the creatures and settings we have come to capture in pixels.

You need to be able to hover, flat, hands on camera for at least 3mins without changing depth.

You need to be able to hover, flat, hands on camera and change depth with just air in lungs and hold that position.

In flat hover you need to be able to pivot without hands and minimal fin movement.

Be able to fin backwards. Essential skill.

I love diving with a camera and so will you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom