What will be my next second stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Itsme

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Currently I have 2 regulators. One a 27-year-old Cyklon 300 (First and Second Stage). Second Stage is metal one.

One is a Cyklon 5000 (first and second). 7 years old. Second stage is yellow plastic one (for octopus).

Ever since I bought the Cyklon 5000 I used it a primary regulator with the Cyklon 300 second stage as my primary second stage. So I have a Cyklon 5000 first stage with Cyklon 300 Metal second stage and Cyklon 5000 yellow octopus.

Now I removed the Cyklon 300 second stage from the 5000 first stage and mounted it back on the Cyklon 300 first stage (as regulator for deco tank or pony).

This leave me with a Cyklon 5000 first stage with Cyklon 5000 octopus.

Now I am looking for a new second stage to function as my primary second stage on my Cyklon 5000 first stage.

What would you recommend knowing that:
- I’m not doing really cold water dives anymore;
- The new second stage to play in the same league as the Cyklon 5000
- I want the air exhaust on both sides of the second stage unlike the one side of the Cyklon
- I would like to be able to change the breathing resistance of the second stage during the dive
- I don’t want to lower the IP (12 bar) of the Cyklon 5000.
- I doing some deep deco (wreck) diving up/down to 60m (no trimix)

Or ... should I just get the Poseidon Xstream second stage? but then which one?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
Itsme

Now I removed the Cyklon 300 second stage from the 5000 first stage and mounted it back on the Cyklon 300 first stage (as regulator for deco tank or pony). This leave me with a Cyklon 5000 first stage with Cyklon 5000 octopus. Now I am looking for a new second stage to function as my primary second stage on my Cyklon 5000 first stage.

Instead of purchasing another 2nd stage, I'd put the 300 on a pony, or double manifold. If you are diving penetration on wrecks, you require redundancy. An octopus second doesn't cut it, so save your money. The 300 (as you know) is an excellent deep diving regulator. I'd put it to good use... (I didn't notice the date either) :)

Get a BP/W, support your LDS, carry a 30 cft pony, your instructor is an idiot, and don't believe anything you read on the internet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom