What wetsuit for La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpbishop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are diving La Paz 10/27 - 10/29. Will we need a wetsuit. Will a 3 mil wetsuit be enough? Will a 6 mil be to much? I stay pretty warm, but my GF gets cold easily. We have both dove the Caribbean w/o wetsuits.

take the blue one as the pink one doesn't show off your eyes well......

take the blue one as the pink one doesn't show off your eyes well......

Which color do the whale sharks find more attractive; which do the hammerheads find more appetizing?

I was in East Cape just south of La Paz last week and the water was 85 degrees! A skin was fine!
If you are not happy in La Paz, had a couple that left there because the vis was so bad and was having a bad experience with Club Catamars dive shop....go down the road to Buena Vista Beach resort and dive there with Vista Sea Sports. The marine park is about an hour boat ride and the vis was great. We saw so much stuff...email me your email and I will send you my picture link if interested.

dpbishop,

Are are going during the time of year when the water is or near as warm as it gets and unless something unusual has happened you should have water about as warm as you get most anywhere in the tropics. My wife and I were there in mid-OCT last year and 3mm fullsuits were just fine and we were doing 4 dives a day from a LOB. If you are somewhat concerned about the GF have her take beanie wetsuit cap to help her stay warmer.

Here is a quote from Undercurrent:

"In the southern part of the Sea of Cortez, the temperature of the upper 30' of water or so remains warm enough year-round (70° to 80s) to support tropicals and several varieties of hard coral. Below that depth, winter and spring water temperatures in the 50s and 60s freeze out the tropicals. From mid-summer through November, water temperature is 80°F or higher for as deep as sport divers would care to go."

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Rickg

The local shops in LaPaz carry 5mm one-piece suits for year round rental. When I was there, in late December, 5mm was perfect, without gloves or hood.

If you bring 3mms, then bring a hood as well, and that may give you an edge temperatur wise.

I was in La Paz in Sept and wore a 3/2mm full with a 5/3 hooded vest under and was fine most of the time. I get cold easily though. My comp showed water temps around 78-80 on most dives and 73 on a few of the deeper dives.

Divergirl50,

Sent you a pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom