What weight of suit for Cozumel in May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brent_j

Registered
Reaction score
I will be diving in the Mayan Riviera and Cozumel for the first time in the middle of May. I was wondering what I should wear?

Most use a 3 mm full or shortie, some use a dive skin, some nothing.

I use a 3/2mm full, while my girlfriend wears a 3/2mm with a 5mm hooded vest. She tends to get cooler quicker.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Drift diving should use less energy than a normal dive and that means more neoprene for me. 3mm full. That's what I used when I was there in May. That's what I always use there. Now if you are a Polar Bear or a big person and don't cool easily then maybe a 1mm full. Have fun and welcome to the board!

brent_j:
I will be diving in the Mayan Riviera and Cozumel for the first time in the middle of May. I was wondering what I should wear?

Made my third trip of the year Apri 1 -10. I wore my extremely well used 3mm suit for 5 days of two tank diving. I also wore my 5 mm dry suit hood. I move slow and get cold a little quicker than most. My wife wore a full dive skin and that's all.

Was just there in February, 3 mm full was just right. If you go to the main land and go to cenotes, water temp was 77. I wore my 3mm full with a shorty over it and was cold. Dive masters were all wearing 7mm full suits with hoods and gloves in cenotes.

Have fun

Back
Top Bottom