What was the best April Fools joke you played

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
or was played on you.
I got my kid really good a couple of times. When he was in 6th grade I called our house phone from my cell phone early in the morning before school stared and pretended I was having a conversation with someone from the school. I was saying things like "It is? Why? Oh my. When do you think it will be fixed?" And he's standing beside me saying "What? What? No school?" So I tell him there was a water main break and school was closed. You should have seen him doing the happy dance for about 3 minutes. :rofl3: Yeah, I know that was mean.
Then a couple of years ago I got a male co-worker to call him on his cell phone and pretend to be an agent from the FBI. He told my son that they knew he was illegally downloading music and he would have to come into the FBI office. :rofl3:
My mom used to get me every single year with the same stupid joke. At breakfast when I was still half asleep (I am not a morning person) she would touch my hair and say "What's this? Ooo. there's a spider in your hair." I would jump and scream because I used to be so scarred of them. After years of the same stupid trick, she finally cured me of that fear.:rofl3:

Hmmmm....

Leaving the board for a while...Wife just turned in the lottery ticket for $9 million and I'm getting my SS benefits at $1900/month. Moving to Saba...Bye everyone

A friend had me call her boss. They had a raffle for some items and after several months the winner never picked them up so the boss gave them to her office staff. So I call and say

Me: hello I have a problem. I have come up here to help my sister. I am not sure what to do. This is a real mess. You see my sister is bi-polar and has split personalities. Any I turned my back for minute and she took the keys to my car. I don't know my way around here as I from out of town. Anyway, she has been really out of it for a while and that is why I came up here to help. She has gotten a little violent lately when people upset her. Anyway for the last several weeks she has been screaming that you owe her some shampoo. I don't know where she got such a crazy idea, but I think she is on her way to your office. I have called the police and they are out looking for her. If she comes to your office please don't upset her. I am afraid she will become violent

The Boss: What is your sister's name?

Well her name is Susan Jones, but as I metioned she has the multiple personality thing going on. She has been pretending she is Barbara Strisand and listens to Rush Limbaugh and then sings and screams at the radio. Other days she listens to Al Franken and pretends she is Ann Coulter and let the radio have it. I honestly don't know what name she gave you, but she is sure you owe her shampoo and is on the way to get it. Do have a bottle some kind of soap you can give her--I mean anything to keep her from getting upset? I am so sorry about this. I just don't know what to do!!

Boss: Oh you poor thing! We will watch out for her. I think she may have actually won the shampoo and after it wasn't picked up for months we got rid of it. So I mean if we would have known she was coming I would have kept it. We are near the police station so we have lots of police around if she comes we can get her help.

Me: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. If you could try really hard not to upset her. I don't think she will become violent or start biting you or anything, but please be careful.

Boss: How long ago did she leave her house?

Me: About 20 minutes ago so I think she should be there any minute. Do you see her out in your parking lot?

Boss: No

Me: Please keep watching and call the police if she comes and calll me. You can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx I really apprecaite your help. I just don't know what to do

Boss: Ok we will watch for her.

Me: Thank you so much. I am so sorry. I will talk with you later. CLICK

15 minutes pass. The boss runs down stairs and tells building security and other tennant to watch out for the crazy woman.

I call back

Me: Hello this is Leah again. Have you seen my sister?

Boss: No but we are watching for her!

Me: Well she isn't going to be coming because this is an April Fools Day joke and you have been had!

Boss: Who set me up!!! and who are you?

Me: Well, I am really Leah and I will let the guilty party confess!

Boss: My assistant is laughing so hard she almost fell out of her chair! So now I know. Oh I am so going to get her back! You really had me!

Me: Thanks for being a good sport. Hope you have a good weekend. Take Care.

Some years ago, for April Fool's, I awoke before my wife and daughter, and lined up those big marshmallows in the driveway, spacing them about three feet apart, and then put a little pile of them. With my daughter's sidewalk chalk, I put an arrow to them and scrawled [sic] "Snowman Terds."

Later, the sun had melted them a little, and they were gooey... My wife was standing on the back deck looking down and yelling, "WHAT IS THAT?!?!?" My daughter, meanwhile, was squatted down, poking at one of them with a stick and saying, "Ewwwwwww....."

New chief of police here in town decided to make a bunch of roadside parking illegal ( no law was passed, he just decided to make his own law) so he had the curbs painted yellow and had the cops writing tickets left and right. One poor guy had his Bronco parked there when they painted the curbs and has not moved it. He gets a new ticket every day. I "purto Rican borrowed" some of them and ticketed most of the people I work with even thou they were in legal parking areas.

Back
Top Bottom