what was appropriate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi

I wonder whether the DM should have determined whether the diver had lost the buddy and if so, to surface i.e. follow the procedure for a lost buddy.

However, in this case, as it was a drift dive, all the boats were at the other end so this wouldn't have accomplished much, especially if the buddy didn't also surface.

Ultimately I think the DM did all he could do in making sure the guy didn't get into danger.

You found yourself downhill of a small turdball (overweighted, at that) and there weren't many choices available. I think the group - and specifically the DM - handled the mess well, given the circumstances. You, who were already buddied with the DM, found yourself with an unexpected but properly assigned roll as buddy to the chum.

The DM might have responded differently in still waters but in a fast current his options become severely limited and I think he picked the right ones.

Hopefully everyone got a chance to take a swing at the pinata once the party moved above-water... :jump013:

reefraff:
You found yourself downhill of a small turdball (overweighted, at that) and there weren't many choices available. I think the group - and specifically the DM - handled the mess well, given the circumstances. You, who were already buddied with the DM, found yourself with an unexpected but properly assigned roll as buddy to the chum.

The DM might have responded differently in still waters but in a fast current his options become severely limited and I think he picked the right ones.

Hopefully everyone got a chance to take a swing at the pinata once the party moved above-water... :jump013:
given that we were on the plateau to look for big sharks the speargun may not have helped. thanks for the thoughts everyone. i was happy with the way we handled it but wondered what others would've done.

Back
Top Bottom