what valve do i need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently obtained a steel 72 off ebay. it came with current viz and hydro, but the brand new xs scuba valve was only partway in and had pipe tape sealing it (with very slow leak). on further inspection it was not the standard 1" valve threads that my other tanks have. though it measures 3/4", the xs scuba valve has a slight taper and does not go more than a third the way in. the tank markings are "ICC-3AA2250" "HJ 13108" first hydro 1•60+.
anybody know what type of valve i need?
7E9EAF8A-6BAF-47BC-AC34-A0AF1DA1F0CD.jpeg
696E530F-85A5-4083-BCCB-218EEB5AE175.jpeg
91B609D2-2580-4E3C-8CEE-666374EEA933.jpeg

the valve you have is 1/2 NPT

XS Scuba PRO 1/2" NPT Threads

In some instances, the lp72 tanks came with 1/2 NPS threads, a smaller version of the 3/4 NPS you see on modern tanks.

Not sure where you can get a modern convertible valve for that size. All the ones I have seen were vintage yoke only. You may want to try VDH or the vintage equipment board to see if anyone has one lying around if you really want to use that tank.

the xs scuba valve you can either hold onto or sell and get a decent amount for at least.

the valve you have is 1/2 NPT

XS Scuba PRO 1/2" NPT Threads

In some instances, the lp72 tanks came with 1/2 NPS threads, a smaller version of the 3/4 NPS you see on modern tanks.

Not sure where you can get a modern convertible valve for that size. All the ones I have seen were vintage yoke only. You may want to try VDH or the vintage equipment board to see if anyone has one lying around if you really want to use that tank.

the xs scuba valve you can either hold onto or sell and get a decent amount for at least.
thank you! and i just posted in vintage to see if anyone has some extra :)

I don't know if this will help you, but I know my lds has an old tank with tapered threads and a valve for sale. $40, 2018 Hydro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom