what types of insurance is out there for U/W camera systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is what my agent told me and i think he is one of the better ones. also said that it could an would effect your premiums if you file a claim. Also if you loose it of the the side of the boat it is not covered and there was a % deductible on each item up to 250.00. to me it sounded easier to go with DEPP the with the SF plus i have a friend that was on a trip to the Galapagos and dropped his rig in deep water and he lost it he had it insured through DEPP they replaced it in about 3 1/2 weeks no question asked just a statement from his dive body and the DM on the boat. End the end insurance is one of those thing that you have and hope you never have to use or deal with.

:sharkattack:

trip to the Galapagos and dropped his rig in deep water

Somebody at Ike told me at DEMA once that is called "mysterious disapearance" on a personal article policy, lol.

He said "if your camera floods, swim over to your closest wall and watch it mysteriously disapear..."

anyway, I thought it was funny.

DEPP is pathetic insurance when it comes claim time and they will drop you after a claim.

I'm now using DAN for my camera system

Somebody at Ike told me at DEMA once that is called "mysterious disapearance" on a personal article policy, lol.

He said "if your camera floods, swim over to your closest wall and watch it mysteriously disapear..."

anyway, I thought it was funny.

lol:rofl3: don't mind the black hole in my camera bage were camera gear vanishes and i periodically through money into from time to time.:D

only problem with dan is they do not cover mystery disappearances like dropping you rig off he boat and they will only give you current market value for you damaged items not what you insure them for.

they will only give you current market value for you damaged items not what you insure them for.

that is not a good deal.

....and who decides that number, pray tell?

here are the things not covered on the SF policy

1 War 2 Seizure by Customs 3 Governmental order 4 Nuclear hazard 5 mechanical breakdown due to wear and tear 6 Varmin or Insects

cudachaser:
DEPP is pathetic insurance when it comes claim time and they will drop you after a claim.

Absolutely not true. I've made numerous claims including more than one claim in a year (last year was not good on my equipment LOL). I'm still with them and there have been no penalties.

All of my claims have been handled quickly and pretty efficiently. Usually I find the replacement gear I want, send the details to DEPP and have them pay the supplier directly. I am never out of pocket waiting for a cheque this way.

A friend of mine just got his cheque from them for gear that was stolen. Although it wasn't a three day turn-around, it was a reasonable turn-around, I felt.

I am renewing our insurance with DEPP today, in fact.

Back
Top Bottom