What to wear under wet suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any lycra skin suit is the best thing you can wear under a wetsuit.

The racing suits by Tyr or Speedo work well with little or no bunching. They make boxer brief styles, in case you'd like to avoid the dreaded "banana hammock".

What's the best suit to wear under a wet suit?

Not sure if you are asking what type of shorts or are looking for a body suit?

I wear just a bathing suit, lightweight swimsuit boxer style. I've never had issues with that, but I may switch to Lycra shorts this summer as I can see how that would be maybe more comfortable to slip on/off.

I am also considering a rash guard with a neck that is high enough to keep the neoprene off my neck. I tend to do a LOT of diving, and I've found after several four dive days in salt, my neck can get tender from the neoprene rubbing on it. I could also be from the sun or a combination of salt and sun.

Do they make just a neck guard? I really don't feel the need for more exposure protection or layers.

Any swimsuit will do. I prefer Jammers which are lycra trunks in a biker cut. When all I have handy is my boxer trunks they work fine to. There is only so much material involved in any pair of trunks.

A dive skin will do nothing to help you thermally and may be a negative so I sugest you avoid wearing one if at all possible.

Pete

I like wearing a Lycra skin underneath, makes the suit easier to get on and off, and if the wet suit is still damp from the day before it's not quite as cold when you first put it on. Sometimes I'll wear a trilam under my suit. I wear rash guards under my skin.

Back
Top Bottom