What to wear immediately after a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quick dry running shorts. The short versions are small enough to fit under wetsuit, dry quickly, yet provide enough modesty.

quick dry running shorts. The short versions are small enough to fit under wetsuit, dry quickly, yet provide enough modesty.

Is there a brand you like?

I have used Nike, Under Armor and Hind (men's) and of the three I slightly prefer Nike dri-fit. But the differences are slight and I would buy what ever is on sale. Pro-tip: I take 3 pair on a dive trip. I wear pair #1 on the morning dives and change into dry pair #2 for the afternoon dives. Next morning I wear pair #3. For the second afternoon, the first pair had been rinsed out and are now dry. Pair #2 are ready for morning 3, and so on.

A while back - way back - I found a product called a change-a-robe. It's designed primarily for people with disabilities but works wonders at the beach - I get out of the water, put the change-a-robe on ( look like a blue smurf with the hood up ) pull a towel in the front zip pocket, remove the wetsuit and swimtrunks, towel off, drop the wet stuff on the ground and pull clean dry clothes in with me to get dressed. Works on boats, at the beach, wherever....

I'm wondering too. No matter HOW MUCH I try to dry myself off, I end up with two big wet spots on my chest and look like I've peed myself. I've been looking for the perfect patterned coverup that will hide my wets spots. Let me know if you find anything that works.

I'll let you know what I find. I have to get something before we go on a LOB trip next month. I'm hoping to find something that inhibits odors. Even staying in a resort last month in Mexico our wet items never truly dried and our dry clothes got damp just hanging up. Our suitcase reeked by the time we got back home even though I didn't pack until the morning we left.

I have used Nike, Under Armor and Hind (men's) and of the three I slightly prefer Nike dri-fit. But the differences are slight and I would buy what ever is on sale. Pro-tip: I take 3 pair on a dive trip. I wear pair #1 on the morning dives and change into dry pair #2 for the afternoon dives. Next morning I wear pair #3. For the second afternoon, the first pair had been rinsed out and are now dry. Pair #2 are ready for morning 3, and so on.

Thanks! I think the Under Armour items (my regular workout gear) I brought on our last trip were about the only things that got pretty dry. I'll take a look to see if UA has any coverups or athletic dresses.

I'm wondering too. No matter HOW MUCH I try to dry myself off, I end up with two big wet spots on my chest and look like I've peed myself. I've been looking for the perfect patterned coverup that will hide my wets spots. Let me know if you find anything that works.

Have you tried the Lands' End dress cover-ups that are made of slightly heavier rash guard-type material?
(3/4 sleeve UV protection swim coverup dress if the links below don't work)
Women's V-neck 3/4 Sleeve UV Protection Swim Cover-up Dress Embroidered | Lands' End
Women's V-Neck 3/4 Sleeve UV Protection Swim Cover-up Dress Print | Lands' End

I'll towel dry as much as possible on the way back in, put a regular sun shirt on to get back to shore, then pop one on getting off the boat. The ones I have are in patterns that hide the bust wetness quite well -- they also dry quickly if they do get damp.

MPARKA-2T.jpg

https://www.makospearguns.com/Dive-Surf-Race-Parka-p/mparka.htm

Most useful tip for women is to use conditioner in your hair before diving. Post dive tangles come right out and very few spit ends....

Have you tried the Lands' End dress cover-ups that are made of slightly heavier rash guard-type material?
(3/4 sleeve UV protection swim coverup dress if the links below don't work)
Women's V-neck 3/4 Sleeve UV Protection Swim Cover-up Dress Embroidered | Lands' End
Women's V-Neck 3/4 Sleeve UV Protection Swim Cover-up Dress Print | Lands' End

I'll towel dry as much as possible on the way back in, put a regular sun shirt on to get back to shore, then pop one on getting off the boat. The ones I have are in patterns that hide the bust wetness quite well -- they also dry quickly if they do get damp.

Nice idea! I find that most cover-up dresses that I find at swimwear stores tend to be cotton. The cotton ones tend to dry white after salt water. The white stains wash out, but still. The swimsuit fabric should work great. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom