what to pack for liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well since I know where you are going Matt (Cocos Island - lucky you) I will recommend you take a pair of hiking boots and long trousers as they do a trip up and over a hill on the island. That was great and worth it (but very hot wet and sweaty). Be aware that there is no easy way to get onto the island - it will involve jumping off the panga into just about waist deep water.
You won't need extra towels (unless you want to take one). However much you take it will be too much.

Oh, a good idea would be to take some DVDs

Take a swimsuit for every dive you plan to make in a day. If you do 5 dives a day, make sure you have 5 suits. You do not want to sit around in a wet suit. Not only is it rude to sit on cushions wet, but you will get a case of "itchy butt".
I have never taken more than one wetsuit and have never felt I needed it.
As much as I like wearing "brag" t-shirts, I only take vented travel shirts now. They are light, pack into nothing, and dry immediately if you need to rinse them out. Not so with t-shirts.
You will need precious little clothing. If you go to the pacific (if you are female)(especially PNG) you need to take a sorong to wrap around your waist.
Ditto on the callapsable suitcase.
Other than that, have fun.

Ditto on what others have said.....I usually bring a little woolite to rinse out my swim suits I always pack about 6 but doing multiple dives...sometimes they don't dry out between times....also no shoes they recommend barefoot if at all possible...I usually change into a dry suit after diving incase you go into the salon to eat no wet suits in the salon....big time rule so the only time I am in real clothes is at dinner time....you really don't need many clothes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom