What to do with this suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hey guys

I recently recieved an AQUATA wetsuit from a friend who can't really enjoy diving anymore. It's a two-piece 5mm wetsuit. What do they call those by the way? Anyways, it's tight around the knees down to my calves. What should I do ? I called the LDS and they said just put a zipper on it.. :icon10:

Errr, I don't wanna screw this suit up. It looks too expensive. The good thing about this suit is that i can just take off the jacket and use the jumpsuit when it gets warm.

What should I do with the knee "tightness"

Jay

diver371:
hey guys

I recently recieved an AQUATA wetsuit from a friend who can't really enjoy diving anymore. It's a two-piece 5mm wetsuit. What do they call those by the way? Anyways, it's tight around the knees down to my calves. What should I do ? I called the LDS and they said just put a zipper on it.. :icon10:

Errr, I don't wanna screw this suit up. It looks too expensive. The good thing about this suit is that i can just take off the jacket and use the jumpsuit when it gets warm.

Jay

Apart from it being too tight around the knees how does the rest of it fit?

R..

Well, in that case two obvious things jump to mind

- You can easily make a shortie out of it.

- Or take it to a good tailor to see if they have any better ideas than zippers.

R..

Neoprene stretches! Use the same technique people use to stretch neo neck and wrist seals.

Stretching a neck seal over a cylinder neck is what I am familiar with. If a neo neck seal is too tight, it is put over a tank neck overnight to stretch it.
For wrist seals people use things like soda cans or small coffee tins.
For your wetsuit legs, you could try sticking a fire extingusher or something like that in the legs overnight and see if it works. I have never treid anything like that for a wetsuit myself, but it may work for you.
Couldn't hurt to try, just don't tear the neoprene!

so i should just stretch it such that the neoprene is under tension. but not enough to rip it? sorry just had a physics exam.

hmm i'll try that.

now where was that novelty baseball bat ....

diver371:
hey guys

Jay

If you decide to have zippers put in, a good boot repair guy can do it.

Most places can't sew thick nylon or neopreen.

I mention that because I live 10 hours from the coast, and there are no wetsuit modification places around me.

My local boot guy installed zippers I brought for $3 per leg, and made me a really cool pair of 7mm knee length boots for $36 (my materials).

He thought it was a great diversion from his daily slog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom